The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   My mares first time Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/my-mares-first-time-jumping-73344/)

Klassic Superstar 12-16-2010 06:36 PM

My mares first time Jumping

5 Attachment(s)
Heya, here are a couple pictures of my mares first time jumping at a show, she was so brave and a natural!

Please tell me what you think, this was last summer and I have just stuck to dressage all fall and winter but am thinking of doing trot pole, and caviletti work with her soon.

Please dont be mean about it but be honost. I also added two confo shots, she has warps on, and I already know she has slightly longer pasterns then one would like for a jumper. I have had 0 problems with her legs in the 2 years I have owned her.

Thanks

Klassic Superstar 12-16-2010 08:22 PM

Comon!!!!
I need your opinions, I will be showing her in low jumpers this summer, so kinda need you to look at this

PintoTess 12-16-2010 08:46 PM

shes a cutie!! :D

MyBoyPuck 12-16-2010 08:56 PM

I'd love to help, but I don't know squat about jumpers. I like your horse's nice even knees. Seems to pick long spots, but you guys look great. Nice secure seat on your part, maybe a little more release? Hopefully somebody from you discipline will ring in.

Frankiee 12-16-2010 09:17 PM

I just started jumping this year so I'm no expert but she looks very good to me very natural and calm. Plus her legs are well tuck under her and her ears are nice and attentive. Honestly you guys look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ErikaLynn 12-17-2010 10:17 AM

She does look like a natural jumper. You can tell she's green, because of the long spots shes taking on such small jumps. If you sit and wait for the jump, and hold her, she will learn to take shorter spots. Cavilettis and ground poles will really help. Also try giving her more of a release to encourage her to stretch out her neck over the jumps.

She is such a pretty horse, and she definitely has a lot of potential.