-know why a thermometer has a yard of string attached to it
-dont worry about eating a sanwhich after mucking out a stall
-are banned from laundromats
-can amgically lower their voice 5 octaves to bellow at a pawing horse
-will end relationships over our hobby
-cluck to their cars to help them up hills
-will give you 20 names and reasons for that bump on your horses wither
-know more about horse nutrition than thier own
-have saddle soap stains on the carpet next to the T.V.
-have less wardrobe than their horse
:D

#6 ·
Well, I'm not that crazy than. I don't fall under almost any of those descriptions... :wink:

#7 ·
LOL - cluck to their cars to help when going uphills, that's funny! I like that one.

I don't have much to add to your already made list. Most of what I tought of, are already posted.

- Cluck at your dogs to continue walking / or cluck at your children
- Practice Dressage Tests on foot, in an imaginary arena in the frontroom
- Eat our horses cookies
- Randomly fart, and say "hey, if my horse can do it, I can too" LOL, I threw that in cause I think that's halarious.

#9 ·
LOL, that's funny.

Whenever I am riding, there is always someone's horse - whether mine or another's - farting. Going over fences, doing grids, doing flat work, trail riding - I always say "Why can't we do that without people laughing?"

lol

I love that qote!!!

#13 ·
I do dressage in my living room. :shock: Passage, piaffe, canter pirouettes, extended and collected trot, lead changes... I also pretend to be a Walker or a Paso Fino, and do Western pleasure. At school between classes, I'll speed rack down the hallways. At home, I pretend to be a hunter and jump over my foot stool.

#14 ·
I love the lowering our voices thing, very true.

I have caught myself saying, "Whooooooahhhhh," to my dogs many a time.

We have these new treats at the barn and they smell SO good!
But the taste isn't mutual.
:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

#15 ·
^^^

Some people have problems training their horses like they train dogs; I train my dogs like I do my horses. I'm not sure if this is better or worse. :lol:

My pit bull responds to walk, trot, canter commands, knows "whoa" means stop, and knows "easy" means slow down. I also tie her leash with quick release knots. I tie everything with a quick release knot. :shock:

#16 ·
I use woah with my other animals and siblings :shock:. Also one day I was trying to get my little brother into his car seat and I "clicked" (like I would to get Phantom to trot/move faster and my mom looked at me and said "Cassandra! He's not a horse!" I was like "What did I do?" She started cracking up and saying I just clicked at my brother like he was a horse. I told her I honestly thought I said "get up" lol She doubled over laughing but was a little upset cause she thought I was treating AJ like a horse :roll: but I honestly didn't know I did it.....Darn you second nature:twisted::lol:

#23 ·
LOL - not sat IN the Round Bale, but I stood outside last night with a flashlight in my mouth, while I stripped my Round Bale layer after layer, to get to the good stuff on the innerds.

I drove home without realizing I had hay in my hair and sticking out of my winter breeches - walking through walmart with my Winter Tall Boots on covered in mud and hay, black winter breeches covered in hay, and my lovely hair.....no wonder I was getting those odd looks from passerbyer's - lol. I kept thinking "What, no one has seen english riding gear before?"

~~~

Can't say I've had conversations about potatoe's with my horse before..........but I told Nelson the story of Goldie Locks and the 3 Bears, to try to prove a point to him......while we were on a hack.....and I can't for the life of me, remember what the smeg it was I was trying to get across to him......

#24 ·
I was a nerd all throughout school because I used to pretend to be a horse all the time. I could neigh just like one and people would try to get me to do it all the time.

Let me see-

A perfect vacation includes a horse trailer, miles of trails and a tent. When in the end you are ate by bugs, have a personal grudge against your saddle and a knot on your head from your horse running you into a tree limb.

Can't wait to get the kids to bed so you can clean stalls, clean the barn and take care of the horses.

First thing you do in the morning it look out the window to see where the horses are.

Your child is sick you put them in their rooms with a bucket and a bottle of water, your horse is sick and you are calling every vet within the surrounding states while you walk it in circles in the freezing cold at 2 a.m..

You see a horse in a pasture when you are driving and you stop everything you are doing to watch it while you go by.

You see a horse trailer going down the road and you speed up or slow down to see if there is anything in it.

You can recall about every horse's name you've been around but can't for the life of you remember who your son's teacher is.

When you go somewhere you can point to someone who owns horses and which is your favorite.

You take detours just to see a certain horse.

When you go to a barn sale or thrift store you automatically check to see if they have horse items.

You find a way to work horses into a conversation just to see if someone owns some and after you've found out no one does you really don't have anything to say.

When you pull money out of your coat pocket a handful of hay accompanies it.

: D

#42 ·
You see a horse in a pasture when you are driving and you stop everything you are doing to watch it while you go by.
haha I did this when my dad was teaching me to drive... nearly went off the road serval times lol

You see a horse trailer going down the road and you speed up or slow down to see if there is anything in it.
I soo would or I try and look real close, and when I see a horse I try and indentify the breed or if it has markings lol

You can recall about every horse's name you've been around but can't for the life of you remember who your son's teacher is.
haha I know nearly all the horses names I have met but for life of me can't remember everyones names in my graduating year (it was last year lol) or even sometimes what I did last week

You find a way to work horses into a conversation just to see if someone owns some and after you've found out no one does you really don't have anything to say.
I do this as well, usually have nothing to talk about unless it is horses or I can some how relate it to horses lol

- have our own language
so true lol
-cluck to their cars to help them up hills
I don't cluck but I say encouraging words like I would to Buzz and then congrulate afterwards

-know more about horse nutrition than thier own
yess, god I know more about what Buzz eats then I do, spend a fortune on his as well lol

I also love the smell of fresh chaff and hay :)
while my family doesnt lol.
I tend to try out treats of Buzzs one time I'm pretty sure I ate more then he did of the treats they were soo yummy

#25 ·

When you pull money out of your coat pocket a handful of hay accompanies it.
YES!! ROFL!

OR - you pull out crumbles of cookies, or horse cookies.

Those are great!

#28 ·
lol, doing the naughty - love it!

Over the summer, I had to stop at Walmart to pick up dinner on my way home from the barn. I was wearing my riding tights, tall boots with spurs, polo top - and I walked down the freezer isle, and passed a couple. I was pulling out a bag of Perogie's when I heard the Husband say to his Wife "Hey, honey, did you see her outfit? We need to get you one of those, but with those whip things" and he had a big smile on his face - lol.

That cracked me up.

#30 ·
ROFL these are sooo funyy!!

-when i have a sore leg and i tell anyone who i think will care, I say "mum, my back legs are sore".

-Dont know if i put htis one in my first post but:
-only horse owners know why a thermometer has a yard of string attached to it. htis is probabky my fave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.