The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stolen Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/)
-   -   Man Sentenced In Horse Slaughter Case (http://www.horseforum.com/stolen-horses/man-sentenced-horse-slaughter-case-73451/)

depnewshound 12-17-2010 11:20 PM

Man Sentenced In Horse Slaughter Case

Man Sentenced In Horse Slaughter Case - Miami News Story - WPLG Miami

Santiago Cabrera and his cohorts have been slaughtering horses for years. I think it's time we teach Mr. Cabrera a lesson. I believe he is being held at Dade County Prison. If he is released he will kill again. I hope that someone makes sure he never gets out! Hear that all you horse lovers reading this in Miami?!

Katesrider011 12-17-2010 11:37 PM

Why does this seem to happen more in Florida than anywhere else?

Spastic_Dove 12-17-2010 11:38 PM

Yet another reason to open slaughter houses back up.

Katesrider011 12-17-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 856074)
Yet another reason to open slaughter houses back up.

I agree with you.

equiniphile 12-17-2010 11:52 PM

Ugh and the slaughter houses are STILL closed.

depnewshound 12-18-2010 12:04 AM

This predator held the horses while his accomplice, also sentenced, slashed their throats and cut off their hind legs WHILE THEY WERE STILL ALIVE!!

THESE PEOPLE ARE HORSE KILLERS and harborers of horse killers.

The SPCA issued the following warning:
"One man sat on her head, another man sat on her neck to harvest the meat," said Couto. "These people are monsters. We are relieved that two people have been arrested. But we urge horse owners not to drop their guard. Keep the security watch up. Keep your security lights on."

Please, let's not let these people escape justice.

equiniphile 12-18-2010 12:12 AM

God, that's terrible. People are cruel.

Katesrider011 12-18-2010 12:15 AM

That's brutal!

dressagebelle 12-18-2010 03:07 AM

I am honestly not against horse slaughter done right, just as I am not against using cows and pigs and chickens for food as long as they are humanely cared for, and butchered. What those people did is plain and simple cruelty. I just can't believe that they only gave him 5 years. I think that for what he did, he should be serving a much longer sentence. And I agree that as soon as he gets out, he may move, but he's gonna keep on doing it. He's obviously made money the "first" time around, which means he's not going to stop until some drastic measures are taken.

Katesrider011 12-18-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dressagebelle (Post 856197)
I am honestly not against horse slaughter done right, just as I am not against using cows and pigs and chickens for food as long as they are humanely cared for, and butchered. What those people did is plain and simple cruelty. I just can't believe that they only gave him 5 years. I think that for what he did, he should be serving a much longer sentence. And I agree that as soon as he gets out, he may move, but he's gonna keep on doing it. He's obviously made money the "first" time around, which means he's not going to stop until some drastic measures are taken.

Agreed, that's no way for a horse to die. Horses feel the exact same pain as humans. That horse had to endure that torture, and all they get is 5 years, that saddens me.