The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Please Critique my horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/please-critique-my-horse-73705/)

Adenfire 12-21-2010 04:24 AM

Please Critique my horse

10 Attachment(s)
Name: Fox
Breed: Miniature Horse
Use: Driving and Inhand

Basic Info:
This is Fox, I've had him since he was a yearling. He's had some issues in the past but he's good now. He's mainly my driving and in hand hunter/jumper horse. WONDERFUL at it too. So have at it, i think he's pretty decent for a gelding. I have attached photos of halter, jumping and driving, feel free to critique it all, though on the driving he's had some major issues so the fact that he's even going forward at all is good. just need to know what to work on. And the jumping pictures i think if i remember all the jumps are between 24 and 34 inches.

RedTree 12-21-2010 05:35 AM

All I can say is wow, he is one sexy gelding lol

2horses 12-21-2010 07:51 AM

He is beautiful!

Jacksmama 12-21-2010 08:19 AM

I don't know much about Minis but he's a looker!

HorseOfCourse 12-21-2010 10:19 AM

Wow, he's gorgeous!
I'm by no means an expert on conformation, and definitely not with minis, but his pasterns look weird to me.. The angle mostly. But I could be wrong!
Posted via Mobile Device

Adenfire 12-21-2010 03:33 PM

he's got real low heels in the hindend so his pasterns are funny there, the longer his toe the worse his pasterns get, so that might be it. I know i have to get him trimmed real close to the shows

equiniphile 12-21-2010 03:37 PM

As far as conformation, his front legs seem to be set really close together. He's gorgeous, though!

Adenfire 12-21-2010 03:51 PM

he's kinda narrow chested but it works cuz he's pretty petite in general.

And Thanks guys, he's definitely one I'm proud of...he's got a long hard story to know he's built well and we lucked out with our "free" horse is nice.

Gidget 12-21-2010 04:21 PM

He is the most beautiful mini I ever laid eyes on.

Adenfire 12-21-2010 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah here is my most FAVORITE picture of his head. It's cropped close so you can't see that I'm on my knees in front of him and that is what he's looking at, me and with that expression on his face. We had just come out of the showmanship class where he was amazing :D I know he loves me which is what matters, since he was a mess when i got him completely untouchable :(