The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Show Halters. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/show-halters-73727/)

WesternPleasureRider 12-21-2010 01:51 PM

Show Halters.

Hi guys, I posted this thread in the horse tack and equipment forum but now I am wondering if maybe i'll get more responses if I post it here.

Hey guys, I recently joined the forun :)
So I am ready to purchase a new show halter. I owned a very cheap one and now that I am doing a lot a breed shows and traveling it's time for a new halter! It will be going on a chestnut QH gelding who has a very pretty head, and it has nice shape to it. So my questions are...
Light or Dark oil?
Slotted buckles or the other kind?
Congress or Regular shape?
If I get stones what colour?... I change my out fits so much I really just want a colour that will look good on him.
And, the big one is brands. What are some good quality brands? I want new only.
My price range is 0-$450 HOWEVER since Christmas is coming, I may get some more money.

Thanks guys, any help is helpful :)

myhorsesonador 12-21-2010 02:19 PM

I have a sorrel mare and I have her in a light oil. but some sorrels dont look good in light. SO we might need pics to help you out. I'll try and dig out a pic of Sona in hers if I can find one.

WesternPleasureRider 12-21-2010 02:21 PM

Okay, when I go out to do chores I will take a couple pics. Thanks!!

myhorsesonador 12-21-2010 02:33 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow these pics are REALLY old they are almost 4 years old she was 2 at the time. any way. I think she looks nice in light oil but some may not. (sorry about her being skinny. The BO didn't know how to feed her.)

Ray MacDonald 12-21-2010 02:38 PM

She looks like she's lovin the sun! lol she beautiful and I do like the halter color on her :)

myhorsesonador 12-21-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald (Post 859725)
She looks like she's lovin the sun! lol she beautiful and I do like the halter color on her :)

yeah it brings out her orange. :lol:

WesternPleasureRider 12-21-2010 03:08 PM

Thanks for the pics. Shes really cute!! She does look quite nice in the light.

WesternPleasureRider 12-21-2010 05:21 PM

NEver mind... ill figure out how to download when I get home!! Hahaha

WesternPleasureRider 12-21-2010 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay second try. I wasn't able to get pics today but I have one from the summer which may be better because he has his winter coat right now.

myhorsesonador 12-21-2010 11:49 PM

I think light leather would be lovely on him. he would look smashing in dark too.. oh the choices?????