The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   See-through show clothes and half chaps (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/see-through-show-clothes-half-chaps-74066/)

IslandWave 12-25-2010 10:35 PM

See-through show clothes and half chaps

So I've gotten a beautiful pair of white show breeches and a new show shirt. Of course they are thin and breathable for the summer so anything I wear beneath them shows! What kind of underwear/bra do I use? o_0

Also, I'd love recommendations for half chaps. I have work boots that double as riding boots, so they are thicker than ordinary paddock boots. I need half chaps that will last forever, aren't over $50, and can stretch over the larger boot.

Beau Baby 12-26-2010 12:14 AM

I got a white show shirt last year and only realized after I'd bought it that it was see-throughish. I encountered your problems. I had no white bras and red and blue showed through. To solve the problem I purchased a white sports bra. It worked. You can still see the bra but its not as revealing as a normal bra.

Spastic_Dove 12-26-2010 12:20 AM

I've had good experience with flesh colored bras/panties under white rather than white.

As far as half chaps I have these in black and I really like them:
Dublin Comfort Suede Half Chaps and English Half Chaps | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

Oxer 12-26-2010 01:54 AM

also... try going to the tack shop, try on a bunch of half chaps, find what you like, and then buy them online! Stateline tack is always great with pricing, and of course you can ebay it and see if someone has what you want/need and has quit riding. I've bought stuff from ebay for myself and my horse that would have otherwise cost me a fortune new, but someone was done riding and was passing it on. yay!

IslandWave 12-26-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into them. :)

faye 12-26-2010 05:38 PM

Personaly rather then go for thin breeches that show every lump and bump, I go for high cotton content, 98% and above breeches. They breath and are nice and cool so you dont get sticky underneth.

VelvetsAB 12-27-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faye (Post 864766)
Personaly rather then go for thin breeches that show every lump and bump, I go for high cotton content, 98% and above breeches. They breath and are nice and cool so you dont get sticky underneth.

^^haha THIS!! I prefer something that is going to be a bit thicker (and helps keep me "together"), even though I do sweat. White + wet = more see thru!

Wear nude coloured underwear, as it will not show through. You can also wear a camisole underneath your blouse.

faye 12-27-2010 12:55 PM

Personaly I NEVER wear white either!
I have my canary jods, much more flattering!

tinyliny 12-27-2010 10:59 PM

showing in dressage requires white breeches.
yep, use "nude" colored bra and panties.

faye 12-28-2010 06:00 AM

That must be a US rule because over here you can do dressage upto and including elementary level in tweed jacket with beige or canary jods.