So I'd like to try using GIMP to edit photos. I've downloaded it, and can pull up a picture and then I have no clue how to do ANYTHING. Do any of you use it? I've tried reading the tutorials but they don't help me.... (Wow I feel so stupid not being able to figure this out :-|)
I'm not exactly a gimp expert, but I'm fairly skilled. What do you want to do?
Edit: If you really want, you can message me. There's a looooooooooooot to Gimp...
here's a few fave things i like to do on photo editing for gimp.
for grey scale back ground and a selected area with colour.
1. copy your background image in to another layer so you have to layers the exact same.
2. right click on the top layer and go down to "add alpha channel" (this makes puts the layer on a transparent background sorta thing.)
3.for the top layer again go in to colors and then desaturate, to make it gray scale.
4. in the areas you want color to come through just erase it on the top layer so it comes through from the bottom layer with full color.
another on i like to do is play with the temperature of the photo.
1. go in to tools, and then select gegl operation.
2. select color-temperature
3. play about with the sliders till you get the color warmth how you want it.
Theres two ideas for you. i'm still learning how to use gimp myself but everything i know is just from playing around with it.
yeah same case with me, i think it's cause theres just so many possibilities with it.
Yeah, that must be it. I've been fooling around with it, and I made these two. Not great, but it's a start at least.
jumping- gimp edit three pictures from horses photos on webshots
roxy jumping gimp edit pictures from horses photos on webshots
the looks good, especially the second one.
I've been working with GIMP for about a year now so I know a fair few things if you still want to know anything you can pm me and I'll make a tutorial for you :) (I know how difficult it was to find good tutorials that explain EVERYTHING when I first started) although I do photo editing I'm more knowledgable in the graphic design or drawing department so yeah I'll try my best anyways :)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0