The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Would you buy Home-made Horse Treats? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/would-you-buy-home-made-horse-74369/)

Sullivan17 12-29-2010 10:19 PM

Would you buy Home-made Horse Treats?

I have been making Horse treats for my horses for a while now, and they just go completely insane over them... they love them compared to the store bought treats!! I like making them since i know what is going into them, and know it's completely healthy for my horse... Dogs even love them!

So my question is, Would you buy home-made treats?
I love to bake, so have been thinking about making them, and selling some since i have been told numerous times that i need to make them for the public and sell them. :D
So i have been thinking about it..
right now Im only making a couple kinds of treats.. so any ideas would be great for different kids. :)

My2Geldings 12-30-2010 11:11 AM

Why are you targeting children? the people who will be more likely to buy horse treats, are the adults who usually own those horses, or the parents. If you look at your local tack store, or even online-there are some books available with recipes to make horse treats. Im sure if you do some searching online, you'll also find all sorts of horse treat recipes.

I would have fun with it. Make them different colors, different flavors. Most ingredients need to make them you either get through your local horse feed store and at your local grocery store. If you make lots and make them affordable, I think people would rather buy fresh, home made ones as opposed to store bought ones. I certainly would rather buy ones a local horse owner makes than the dry bags you get at most tack stores.

Good luck!

Sullivan17 12-30-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 869313)
Why are you targeting children? the people who will be more likely to buy horse treats, are the adults who usually own those horses, or the parents. If you look at your local tack store, or even online-there are some books available with recipes to make horse treats. Im sure if you do some searching online, you'll also find all sorts of horse treat recipes.

I would have fun with it. Make them different colors, different flavors. Most ingredients need to make them you either get through your local horse feed store and at your local grocery store. If you make lots and make them affordable, I think people would rather buy fresh, home made ones as opposed to store bought ones. I certainly would rather buy ones a local horse owner makes than the dry bags you get at most tack stores.

Good luck!

I never said i was targeting or trying to sell them to kids???

mls 12-30-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullivan17 (Post 868778)
right now Im only making a couple kinds of treats.. so any ideas would be great for different kids. :)

This is what she is referring to.

churumbeque 12-30-2010 12:36 PM

Kids would be horses, dogs and such

GreyRay 12-30-2010 12:37 PM

I think she ment 'Kinds'... Would make sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sullivan17 12-30-2010 01:18 PM

Yes i meant "Kinds", Typing Error!!!! lol :)

My2Geldings 12-30-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullivan17 (Post 868778)
so any ideas would be great for different kids. :)

As posted above, thats you initially posted, so I went with that info :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 869440)
This is what she is referring to.

Thank you muchly :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullivan17 (Post 869534)
Yes i meant "Kinds", Typing Error!!!! lol :)

It indeed changes the context of your sentence. As suggested earlier, have you searched online for recipes?