The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   I'm having a hard time finding her lines (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/im-having-hard-time-finding-her-74386/)

drafts4ever 12-30-2010 01:33 AM

I'm having a hard time finding her lines

I can't find anything past Caleigh's mom and dad and I only have pictures on them and names. I just want to look at what colors her line is, out of curiousity but I'm having a hard time can anyone help?

Her registered name is Northwest Glendor Arrows Caleigh
Her registration number is in my moms safe at her house along with all her other registration papers. I can call her to for it if it would help to look her up.

anshorsenut88 01-02-2011 10:35 PM

Hi there. What breed is she? What is her sire and dam's names? That might help I don't know...

mysticdragon72 01-03-2011 02:14 AM

Sire: Northwest Glenord's U.R. Arrow 14858
Dam:
Northwest Nicholas' Foxie Renee 13703
Bred and Owned by Edwin Henken
Foaled April 27, 1999

Is this her? I found her on the breeder's website along with her awards and links to two of her babies... here: Northwest Clydesdales-Henken Quality Draft Horses-Congratulations

You probably have all that info already though so probably not any help! LOL

This link is to her sire: Northwest Clydesdales-Henken Quality Draft Horses-Stallion Directory who is apparently passed on and this is to her dam: Northwest Clydesdales-Henken Quality Draft Horses-Mare Directory

On both the dam's page and sire's page are the names of their dams and sires.. you should be able to follow it back from there.. but I'll do a little more snooping if you want ;-)

mysticdragon72 01-03-2011 02:41 AM

I tried to follow her lines back a little and only got as far as her grandsire and granddams... couldn't find any photos though but it's late and I'm heading to bed.. you should be able to find out info though if you look hard enough. ;-)

drafts4ever 01-03-2011 04:50 AM

yup that's her. I've been on that site but didn't find anything past her dam and sire.
I looked up the grandparents just now and didn't find any pictures but I might not be looking hard enough. I emailed her breeder too.

anshorsenut88 01-03-2011 05:05 PM

That's the same info I found. I think her breeder would probably know or be able to help more. Hope you find the info your looking for! :-) Good luck.

drafts4ever 01-05-2011 03:23 AM

thanks! I emailed Monica but haven't heard anything back. I wanted to find out about the sire to a couple of Caleigh's foals. Apparently sired with him, the two fillies have severe parrot mouth. Her colt out of one of their sires is perfect.

I was also just curious if her lines were dominant bay because she has white spots and a roaning that her foals also have so I was looking for the roan in her line...couldn't find anything but I haven't heard a response back.

anshorsenut88 01-05-2011 11:16 AM

She carries a roan modifier than. You can have her DNA tested for roan and agouti(bay). That would tell you exactly what she is capable of having. :-) It isn't expensive and might be better than trying to track everyone down.
Posted via Mobile Device

drafts4ever 01-05-2011 10:51 PM

oh! that would be so much easier! That sounds like the better option.

anshorsenut88 01-06-2011 07:23 PM

Haha. Exactly lol. Here is the websites to order them from:
Horse Tests

Horse Testing - Equine Genetic Testing

Hope this helps! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device