The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Art Update!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/art-update-74528/)

Equusketch 01-01-2011 12:00 AM

Art Update!!!

5 Attachment(s)
Howdy! I know I have been MIA lately, but I have been fairly busy with commissions for Christmas. I was going to wait until after Christmas to post my latest art so as not to spoil the surprise just in case some of the recipiants happen to be on horse forum.

Without further ado, here are some of my recent commissions...

Romantic Lyric 01-01-2011 12:07 AM

Those are awesome. What mediums do you work in?
Posted via Mobile Device

Equusketch 01-01-2011 12:07 AM

10 Attachment(s)
I also kept pretty busy with my mini paintings, most of which became ornaments, but a couple went on to be mounted on mini easels as dresser decorations. I'll definately be offering these all year!

Equusketch 01-01-2011 12:08 AM

My new Years resolution is to get more bold with painting backgrounds as inspired by lilruffian. I also got a woodburning kit for my birthday which I intend to try out very soon. Stay tuned for samples of my pyrography!!!

Equusketch 01-01-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romantic Lyric (Post 871441)
Those are awesome. What mediums do you work in?
Posted via Mobile Device

I primarily work with graphite, well more specifically a mechanical pencil...lol. But sometimes I add a little ebony pencil in the darker areas. I have recently become addicted to Bristol paper. I also work with colored pencils, a little bit of charcoal, acrylic paint, pen and ink and soft pastel. I sort of gave up on the soft pastels as they proved to be too much of a pain in the butt when it came to storing and shipping the drawing.

I have an oil pastel set, a water color set and a woodburning kit, all of which I want to try out when I have time. I am sort of a jack of all trades.

cakemom 01-01-2011 04:41 AM

I so have to have a little painting of my guys for my tree, and one of my trainers Erysti for hers!! I will be getting in touch with photos.
Posted via Mobile Device

All4Crystal 01-01-2011 10:44 PM

Those are great! I bet they made great Christmas presents.
I think my favorite are the black and white drawings. Awesome job!