The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Skinned horse head (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/skinned-horse-head-74602/)

Gidget 01-01-2011 10:46 PM

Skinned horse head

Tonight a boarder came and told us about a horse head on the side of the road that had been skinned. I asked her if it was hit by a car and she said no that it was skinned and laying there. Well we went home after caring for our horses and as we were driving down the road(half mile from our horses) sure enough there was a full size horse head perfectly skinned.Ears were missing but teeth,muscle,and eyes were all intact. There was no body to be seen just the head..from the jaw line. When I looked at it it looked like it was staring at me :shock:

What kind of sick person would do that!? Someone must have sold the body for meet and kept the coat...how horrible.

Oh and to top it off..it has been out all day and people who I know have told me that they have been making calls to the police station and we have called to and it's now 6:46 PM and still there....

mbender 01-01-2011 10:56 PM

Gross!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gidget 01-01-2011 11:00 PM

it's very distrubing...the police won't do anything.

Brighteyes 01-01-2011 11:05 PM

:shock:

Literally my facial expression after I finished reading your post.

Have there been any other unexplained dumpings of dead animals in your area? Any stolen pets/horses?

Gidget 01-01-2011 11:08 PM

No not yet anyways...not that I have heard of but in september and last spring there were horse rapings happening at our fairgrounds...I am worried that there is some sicko out there who plotted this out in revenge...Who could do something like that?

mbender 01-01-2011 11:20 PM

I'd be a tad bit nervous!
Posted via Mobile Device

wyominggrandma 01-02-2011 01:08 AM

Not to doubt you but any chance its a skinned elk head? Or moose head? With just the eyes, skin, etc they look alot like a horse head.
We have folks here swear they have seen a human foot and it is a skinned bear foot.

equiniphile 01-02-2011 01:18 AM

Oh wow. How awful. Like WG said, could it be something other than horse?

Gidget 01-02-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyominggrandma (Post 872735)
Not to doubt you but any chance its a skinned elk head? Or moose head? With just the eyes, skin, etc they look alot like a horse head.
We have folks here swear they have seen a human foot and it is a skinned bear foot.

well...I never thought about that...I guess they have similar head shape. I will look in the paper on monday and keep and eye out on city websites.

skinned bear feet look like human feet? really?

Katesrider011 01-02-2011 02:02 AM

I'm hoping it was just some kind of other animal. And if it was a horse I really hope it wasn't a stolen horse.