The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Its never wrong to look right? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/its-never-wrong-look-right-74715/)

Tasia 01-02-2011 11:51 PM

Its never wrong to look right?

Even though I have my own horse I always seem to have this need to look at others(just on the internet). It probabley has to do with Champs issues recently and maybe it's filling some sort of empty void I have. I always feel guilty, sort of imagining my horse's little dissapointed face as I look at horse adds. What is wrong with me?!?! What kind of person pictures a sad pitiful horse standing in his warm shelter, 4 inch blanket with heated water while I innocently look at horses that may be the "right one"? Does anyone else do this?

Beau Baby 01-02-2011 11:59 PM

I do that all the time. I'm always checking equinenow.com or kijiji or other horse for sale websites. I always tell myself that even if I can't afford it and don't need it I'll jump on an offer if its crazy good. One day it'll happen.

wild_spot 01-03-2011 12:05 AM

I constantly trawl ads for horses.

Not a bad thing - Gives you a good idea of the current market, and what is out there.

Tasia 01-03-2011 10:58 PM

There's so many horse out there and the prices have been on the buyers side lately I think it might be due to the season. The are tempting me!

equiniphile 01-03-2011 11:06 PM

I look on equine.com and horseclicks almost every day. Then I start feeling guilty because of the seven amazing horses I'm blessed to have. I tell myself I look so I can keep up with how the economy affects different horses :lol:

petitepyromaniac 01-04-2011 11:45 AM

I do it daily. I think it's perfectly normal... or maybe we're all crazy! Either way, you're not alone!

Speed Racer 01-04-2011 11:56 AM

I have 3 standing out in my fields right now, have a pony on the way come spring, and I'll still take a gander now and again at horses for sale. :oops:

As long as you're not harassing the seller when you have no intent of buying, I'd say you're par for the course as far as horse people go! :wink:

We're all crazy. It just depends which flavor of crazy works for you!

ohmyitschelle 01-06-2011 05:34 AM

I have several friends who do it, and I'll even go take a look on our local site when I'm bored and wanting something to do! I say its perfectly normal behaviour... and if something good comes out of it, well that just makes it better haha!

Quote:

As long as you're not harassing the seller when you have no intent of buying, I'd say you're par for the course as far as horse people go!

Totally agree with this though. If you're just innocently looking, keep it at that :) I just sold my gelding after a long time on the market, due to time wasters, all wanting a show horse with expressive movement, but not actually wanting to experience such movement in the saddle. I posted a video of his trot and canter up on the ad and that seemed to stem the wasters, but yeah, from a sellers perspective, if you're just browsing, don't contact haha!

IslandWave 01-07-2011 08:45 PM

I look for potential horses all the time and I think most horse people do keep an eye on the market, especially if they are interested in a re-sale project or have clients who are horseless. I don't feel guilty, even though I have my own horse. She knows she'll always be number one. :)

myhorsesonador 01-07-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmyitschelle (Post 878675)
Totally agree with this though. If you're just innocently looking, keep it at that :) I just sold my gelding after a long time on the market, due to time wasters, all wanting a show horse with expressive movement, but not actually wanting to experience such movement in the saddle. I posted a video of his trot and canter up on the ad and that seemed to stem the wasters, but yeah, from a sellers perspective, if you're just browsing, don't contact haha!
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

That is soooo freeken anoying!!! I used to work for a broker. I would have to say all the people who said that they were comming at a spacific time and never show up. I spent hours grooming that freeken horse! It also took time away from our buisy scedual.

I do look every day. :lol: But I'm kinda in the market. My parents are teetering on getting another, some days it's yes and some days it's no. I think I just need to find the right one. :-x