The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Yay! Happy post! Amber is mine! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/yay-happy-post-amber-mine-74744/)

DressageIsToDance 01-03-2011 12:43 PM

Yay! Happy post! Amber is mine!

I've been so busy, too busy to post everything that's happened, but making up now...

Amber passed her PPE and got some nice comments from the vet! A couple of days later when I got paid, the check was wrote and she was mine!

I was planning on moving her to a different barn, various reasons, nothing really bad, and it worked out well because the BO had some new horses coming in and needed the space.

On the day I moved her, January 1st, I discovered two things I didn't know about her. One, she is a registered QH, and also that she is not 8, but 6. Turning 7 next month. :D

The move went very smooth. She loads like an angel, no trailer drama at all. She hopped right off and settled down in her new stall like she had been there all her life.

I went out to check on her yesterday, and she had settled in just fine. Apparently ran through a fence though when a draft mare in the herd cornered her, but thankfully it was a non-electrified rope gate, and the BO was there supervising. Amber was just fine, and didn't seem phased. She's not a confrontational horse, so she was doing well with the new horses.

I groomed her and lead her around the property for a minute, letting her sniff and look at potentially 'scary' things. She almost had a meltdown when she saw the barn's goat. I'm pretty sure she's never seen one, and he was making a lot of noise at the time. But she will get used to him with time.

I decided to hop on and sit on her bareback and chat with a couple of the other riders/boarders out there. I'm waiting on a bit I ordered for her to arrive, so I just grabbed my helmet and got on her with her halter. Graciously the girls who were out there lead me around on her for a minute just to insure she was chill with everything before I took total control, and she was just fine, despite howling wind, weird weather, rustling trees and shiny blue garland waving in the wind a few feet away. I'm quite proud of her...what a good head she's got on her. :-P

All in all, I am so, so happy I bought her. I just love her to bits.

MyBoyPuck 01-03-2011 05:51 PM

That's fantastic! Got any pics?

spookychick13 01-03-2011 06:06 PM

Congratulations!

equiniphile 01-03-2011 06:14 PM

Woo hoo, so happy for you!

haleylvsshammy 01-03-2011 06:41 PM

Yay! Congrats! I'm with puck- pics?

equestrian 01-03-2011 07:10 PM

Congratulations!! Photos?

DressageIsToDance 01-03-2011 08:28 PM

Yes I do! :wink: She's a little bit of a porker right now. Given she has not been in real work for the past 2 months, aside my once a week ride on her before I purchased her. I'm waiting to see how she reacts to work before I start making adjustments to her diet.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5151332_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1200880_n.jpg

DressageIsToDance 01-03-2011 08:30 PM

Just to note, her tail was not REALLY as long in the second pic as it looks. Unfortunately, after investigating her pedigree, it seems she is genetically doomed to have a short tail. I decided I'd rather make it look neat and thick and bang it, sacrificing 2-3 inches, than have it look thin and short.

haleylvsshammy 01-04-2011 02:20 PM

She certainly is a porker! But she is beautiful! She looks very gentle and looks like fun to be around!

DressageIsToDance 01-05-2011 12:47 AM

LOL, She could lose a few, that's for sure.

And she is very gentle and well mannered. She has the best disposition I've ever seen in a horse, honestly. She's very people-oriented, and never has a bad attitude. Not spooky or silly - if she spooks, it's legit, and usually it's a loud noise or something that scares her rider/handler too! :lol: