The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   horsie inventions/innovations for my business class (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/horsie-inventions-innovations-my-business-class-74767/)

dynamite. 01-03-2011 05:13 PM

horsie inventions/innovations for my business class

For my ISU I have to come up with a product idea and create a marketing plan for it. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the product I need to make. It has to be an invention or innovation, so nothing that already exists. If there is anything you ever thought of that would make your life easier around horses, I would love to hear it! Thanks :D

AQHA13 01-03-2011 05:46 PM

I came up with this idea when I was out trail riding. Loading my horse is usually pretty easy, but this day the wind had picked up and I couldn't keep the door open. It's a good trailer but isn't fancy and doesn't have a spring to hold the door open. I was thinking that someone should invent an adjustable kickstand or wedge to keep the door open.

AllThePrettyHorses 01-03-2011 05:52 PM

I know you can get heaters and stuff, and I'll feel like an idiot if this is already invented (I'm pretty sure it's not), but invent a chemical that you can put in water troughs that won't harm the animals, but will keep the water from freezing. That way, you won't need to run a cord through the barn to heat the water. It's probably an impossible idea, but you don't have to actually make it, and it would be so useful to so many people.

Delfina 01-03-2011 06:11 PM

A non-electrically heated water hose that won't freeze.

Hauling water by the bucketful is a pain, and an electrically heated hose isn't useful if there is no outlet to plug it into.

Tymer 01-03-2011 09:24 PM

Something like those automatic cat litter bin cleaners, except for stalls. Lol.

GreyRay 01-03-2011 09:28 PM

Like a bucket pooper scooper that way when you shake it you dont have to worry about the poop rolling off the sides :)
Posted via Mobile Device