The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Sore Backed Horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/sore-backed-horse-7482/)

BriLeigh 04-01-2008 06:42 PM

Sore Backed Horse

I just posted a thread about my saddle fit with pics. I have had to chiro out a little over a month ago and she has still been sore. I am looking into my saddle fit, although to me it seems ok other than I think I have been putting it up too high. Last week she seemed ok but then she was tied and freaked out and almost sat down and then leapt forward and has been totally out of whack then. I haven't been riding her. I recently started using a riser pad and doing a lot of sitting trot which I never really did before.

I am calling a massage therapist tomorrow to have them come out. Is this the right thing to do? I hear that once you have the chiro out that you should have a massage therapist out to put the muscles back in place from getting out of place from their skeletal system being out of place.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Once I get some opinions on the saddle fit I can go from there as well. I don't know how much it would cost to get my saddle fitted and fixed all right her for, but I would rather not do that because I am getting a new one in a couple months. If it doesn't cost too much I will. Or if I could do that and not have all the chiro and massage therapist visits. Would the massage therapist be able to tell me about the saddle fit? or the chiro? I am no expert!

jazzyrider 04-01-2008 08:49 PM

sounds like you are on the right track. massage therapy is always a good idea after chiropractic work for the reasons you mentioned. checking your saddle fit is a good idea too as it can be a problem and if its not then at least you know either way whether or not the saddle is a problem :)

good luck with it all