The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Boots (for me!) (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/boots-me-74832/)

spookychick13 01-04-2011 11:51 AM

Boots (for me!)

I am just planning on riding my horse around the property and on trails, nothing fancy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good pair of boots?

I think the Justin Gypsy's look really good.
Does anyone have any reviews on these?

Thanks!

MyBoyPuck 01-04-2011 08:09 PM

Do you mean boots for cold weather? If so, I highly recommend Mountain Horse fleece lined boots. I just got a pair this season. They are sooooo warm. Hopefully the zippers on those things hold up.

WickedNag 01-04-2011 08:37 PM

I love my Justin Gypsys :)

spookychick13 01-04-2011 08:39 PM

I have warm boots, I meant boots just for hacking. :)

SayiWont 01-04-2011 10:39 PM

I have never had a pair of gypsies, but I hear they are comfortable. I absolutely love my Tony Lama's. THey are super comfortable and kind of warm. I had a pair of Ariat Probabies. They were comfortable, but the inside lining came out of them within a few months of purchase.

A knack for horses 01-04-2011 10:46 PM

Justin gypsies are so comfortable and pretty I have two pairs! A pink/brown pair and a black/baby blue pair.

WickedNag 01-05-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayiWont (Post 876908)
I have never had a pair of gypsies, but I hear they are comfortable. I absolutely love my Tony Lama's. THey are super comfortable and kind of warm. I had a pair of Ariat Probabies. They were comfortable, but the inside lining came out of them within a few months of purchase.

The liners on some Ariats are suppose to come out for those who need a 1/2 size difference :)

SayiWont 01-05-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedNag (Post 877212)
The liners on some Ariats are suppose to come out for those who need a 1/2 size difference :)

The lining on these was not supposed to come out. I bought them brand new and there was a small tear in the inside. It eventually grew and the whole lining came out. These are the boots I had: Ariat Women's ProBaby Western Boots - Driftwood Brown

WickedNag 01-05-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SayiWont (Post 877453)
The lining on these was not supposed to come out. I bought them brand new and there was a small tear in the inside. It eventually grew and the whole lining came out. These are the boots I had: Ariat Women's ProBaby Western Boots - Driftwood Brown

Ahh that's sad... I would not have been a happy camper at all in that situation.

SailorGriz 01-07-2011 11:26 PM

I've just been wearing my hiking boots. I wore my cowboy boots last fall, before it got too cold for them. The problem with any kind of cowboy type boot is that they are lousy for walking or rock crawling. And I'm likely to do both during the course of a several hour trail ride.

I read somewhere that it's better to ride in hiking boots than hike in riding boots. True statement!

That being said, I'm going to be looking for a pair of hiking boots with less of a lug sole come springtime. I use endurance stirrups and I'm not terribly concerned with getting a boot hung up in one of them--but less lugs makes it less likely!