The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Conformation Critique. Be Harsh (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/conformation-critique-harsh-74869/)

lilkitty90 01-04-2011 07:32 PM

Conformation Critique. Be Harsh

7 Attachment(s)
this is a girl we picked up from an Auction for 450$. Definitely a diamond in the rough! she's 3 years old. and has had 30 days proffessional training. she's registered. can't remember her registered name and the papers arn't nearby. she's excellent for begginners. very calm and easy going and does exactly what she is asked. i was just wondering how her conformation was. and i know the halter is low on her nose. but we got her out only for the pictures and put her back up. my sister put the halter on and she's only 10. so she is still learning. plus she couldn't reach that high. and the last are of my sis and Adelaide, once again with the low halter lol but she's learning.

Deerly 01-04-2011 08:07 PM

I'm sure someone else will come in here and pick her apart but while she doesn't seem to be put together with great confirmation, I am very impressed with your description. Three years old with only 30 day training and she is that calm and relaxed and understands the questions asked by beginners? Wow. I am totally blown away. My seven year old isn't that trust worthy, haha.

I don't think she should be bred but to be a good horse to hack around and have fun with, personality is way more important than conformation flaws. :)

lilkitty90 01-04-2011 08:20 PM

oh noooo lol Sparta is baby enough. and while i love her personality, and her color! i know she isn't breeding quality lol her personality is great, but she does have her quirks. and i honestly trust her enough to put someone on her thats never touched a horse. or even a small kid. and my little 10 year old sister rides her with no problems. and at this age she is already practically bomb broof. we rode in the parade the other day with all the flags and clogging and drums and sirens. and while all the other horses spooked she gladly lead the way.

Gizmo 01-04-2011 09:02 PM

She doesn't seem that bad to me. She is pretty narrow in the front, she looks like she is connected kinds weird on her back hips. Um... I really like her head. She has the butt bump my QH horse has. I hate that but its not so bad on her. I really don't think she is that back looking, but that could just be me. I'm no expert.

lilruffian 01-04-2011 09:38 PM

Well, first off she is lacking alot of muscle. Because of this she's ewe neck and quite sallow along her topline & hindquarters. Her legs also appear quite long.
The bottom of her jaw appears to stick out more than usual (the bridge between the cheek & chin)...
Overall i think that with a little more weight & muscle she should look very nice. Good job in finding her!

GreyRay 01-04-2011 09:47 PM

Am I seeing a baby belly? Or are my eyes playing tricks? She did come from an auction...
Posted via Mobile Device

lilkitty90 01-04-2011 09:53 PM

definitely prolly a hay belly or something. we've had her sense april. and she's always had the tummy so i assume she isn't pregnant. she BETTER not be pregnant.

GreyRay 01-04-2011 09:57 PM

Oh, ok. She probably isnt then.
Hay bellies... Tricky things lol.
The is really flashy. I love her color :)
Posted via Mobile Device

haleylvsshammy 01-04-2011 10:45 PM

She looks a little camped under and slightly cow hocked. I'm not sure about the cow hocked because the whiteness of her makes it hard to see! So on the plus side she sure is clean! I'm no expert, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about conformation! She sure is a looker, though!

Gizmo 01-04-2011 11:42 PM

Hey if there is a baby, I want! lol.