The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Please Critique My Horses. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/please-critique-my-horses-74974/)

Whisper22 01-05-2011 07:03 PM

Please Critique My Horses.

6 Attachment(s)
My husband and I are new to owning horses and currently have two. We did not put much thought into what we were getting at the time because one I had known since she was born and absolutely loved her so I bought her when she was only a year and a half. The other we wanted to be untrained so there wasn't much of a requirement and she came from Californina so I didn't look at her before I bought her except in pictures. We are not horse experts by any means and to our eyes they look great, so I would like to get the oppinions of people who know a little more than we do.

Whisper is a 2 1/2 year old arab/paint that I would like to use for barrels eventually.

Persia is a 5 year old percheron/qh that is only going to be used for trail riding, nothing fancy, unless my husband changes his mind.

Zeke 01-05-2011 08:35 PM

The pictures are really not the best to judge off of, something where the horse is standing square (all four feet forming the corners to a perfect sqaure under the horse) with it's side facing the camera works the best. Also straight on from the front and back is helpful too.

Are you guys working with a trainer at all to help you guys break these horses?

Whisper22 01-05-2011 09:46 PM

Yeah, sorry about that, I know they are not the best pictures. They weren't taken with the intention of having them critiqued. I was just looking for whatever can be told from the pictures. If that's nothing then that's ok too.

Yes we do have a trainer, but they have turned out to have such great dispositions that we've been able to do alot of it ourselves.

lilruffian 01-06-2011 08:43 PM

Well given the pics, all i can point out is that with the first horse she needs more muscling, her front pasterns are a little long and she appears somewhat sickle-hocked in the back, with her hind feet turning in at a funny angle... clearer pics would be nice though.
As for the 2nd he/she really doesn't look too bad.

Whisper22 01-06-2011 09:27 PM

Thank you, and I will definately try and put up better pictures.

BecArabian 01-06-2011 10:08 PM

they look beautiful though i agree u cant really judge on pictures

hrsrdr 02-23-2011 06:45 PM

Yeah hard to tell for sure from these angles...I agree with lilruffian though...from the angles it looks like Whisper has a few conformation flaws. But they both have really sweet expressions...I'll bet they're easy to train. :) Persia looks very steady and capable. We'll be able to tell you more when you get some more pics.

Whisper22 02-23-2011 09:12 PM

Thanks hrsrdr, I actually started another thread a couples weeks later with better pics.
http://www.horseforum.com/horse-ridi...-horses-76070/

hrsrdr 03-02-2011 01:26 AM

OK I will take a look at it. :)