The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Slaughter (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/slaughter-7502/)

drafthorse01 04-02-2008 03:00 PM

Slaughter

If the people that where so involved in closing the Slaughter houses had just looked at what they where doing this wouldn't be like this.
I have never been a fan of slaughter but it is a necessary evil in my opinion.
Now like other people said Horses are still going to Slaughter they just have to travel further and go to a country that maybe dosen't have to many rules for how to slaughter.
At least while in the US there where rules some rules.

.Delete. 04-03-2008 10:12 AM

Running in circles :wink:
I have a feeling this will be lcoked just like the others.

But i agree.

drafthorse01 04-03-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Delete.
Running in circles :wink:
I have a feeling this will be lcoked just like the others.

But i agree.

I am sure it will be because no body wants to face the facts.
People think they have done Horses a favore by not slaughtering them in the US all that was done was to increase the travel time these animals have to go thru.
And force people to take car of the horses that would have gone to slaughter in other way's.
Because you can't tell me that all of the sudden the horses that used to go to slaughter are now wellcome family members you would have to be extremly naive to believe that.
I mean just think about the facts feedlote where full of Horses ready to go to the slaughter house where are they now.
People where willing to send them there at that point do you really think that has changed :?: :?: :?: :?:

tim 04-03-2008 11:56 PM

PLEASE READ THE POPULATION REDUX AND CLOSED SLAUGHTERS TOPICS COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU MAKE THOSE STATEMENTS.

It's not that we dont care, we've just been over and over it so many times, noone has anything left to say.

.Delete. 04-04-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim
noone has anything left to say.

Mhm. Exactly. We have run out.

PoptartShop 04-04-2008 10:45 AM

Yeah...no comment. ;)

drafthorse01 04-04-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tim
PLEASE READ THE POPULATION REDUX AND CLOSED SLAUGHTERS TOPICS COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU MAKE THOSE STATEMENTS.

It's not that we dont care, we've just been over and over it so many times, noone has anything left to say.

I don't need to all I need to do is open my backdoor and open my eyes.
I have tree comercial operations around me that uses Horses for anything from Hunting expoditions to Horse back vacation.
All of them used to take there Horses to the sale knowing who would by them because they didn't get rid of them until they couldn't be used anymore.
Now the Horses are on pastures where the other Horses pick on them they have to fight for hay because it is a large group of Horses.
I have been in the Hill several times now and called the Humane Society because of Horses that are now starving because no one wants them and no one wants to take them.
In my are hay has trippled in cost since the slaughter houses closed.
I don't really care about statistics because guess what you can take any statistik and make it fit the situation.
I come from a country that has slaughterd horses as far back as I can remember and still does.
And yes the transport and slaughter of Horses wasn't pretty and should have been regulated but the facts are the facts there are thousands of unwanted Horses they didn't all of the sudden become loved and wanted.
They are still unwanted now people just have to find different way's to get rid of them.
And I appologize to anyone that this may offend but I am just so sick of people that think they have just saved the world by stoping slaughter without looking at the larger picture.

.Delete. 04-04-2008 05:39 PM

Alright. We get it already. You think that slaughter is needed.

You just repeating what other people have said.

Your not listening. Tim was saying that the reason why we arn't replying is because we have already have many heated discussions about this. We have already said everything about it that we could. So please, lets move on.

drafthorse01 04-04-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Delete.
Alright. We get it already. You think that slaughter is needed.

You just repeating what other people have said.

Your not listening. Tim was saying that the reason why we arn't replying is because we have already have many heated discussions about this. We have already said everything about it that we could. So please, lets move on.

Yes I understand it has been discussed to death but while it has been discussed to death sooo many people still make the decission to breed there mare because we just don't have enough Horses.
I understand that everyont for one reason or another is sick of the discussion and I agree I will end it here but the problem still stay's the same.
A lot of people will still make the decission that they just have this fantastic mare that just has to have some offspring.
From Mustang roundups to PMS farms to private breeders it is never there problem it's alawy's the other guy.

.Delete. 04-04-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drafthorse01
but the problem still stay's the same

:roll: