The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Please critique my horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/please-critique-my-horse-75150/)

TamaraB 01-07-2011 04:00 PM

Please critique my horse

1 Attachment(s)
Just curious what everyone thinks she would be good at. She has been going on trails and working on her basic training. She is a 3 year old quarter horse, here is her pedigree Pep O Sanbar Quarter Horse.

I tried really hard to take pictures by myself! Sorry they are not the greatest.

Thanks!

lilruffian 01-07-2011 04:03 PM

Well more pics would be great! But just going by the one, she looks sockle-hocked in the back (I'm AMAZED at how common that is though!)
She needs more muscling, especially on her neck but she's still quite young... she's also still a little butt-high and her heels in the front are quite low.

banman 01-07-2011 04:07 PM

she is very pretty a have a mare at home that looks alot like her, like her conformation and bone structor and she is my barrel horse. your mare looks to me like she might make a good barel horse, though its hard to say:P she very pretty though

TamaraB 01-07-2011 04:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple more pictures. Again, still not good but another view!

hflmusicislife 01-09-2011 05:25 PM

She looks like she has absolutely NO heel at all whatsoever. Although that's all I can say about her legs. I'm not the best at confo... Her shoulder looks a bit small for the rest of her as well. Otherwise, she's very cute :)

TamaraB 01-09-2011 05:39 PM

Would the low heels be because of the way she is trimmed?

hflmusicislife 01-09-2011 05:58 PM

Not really. At least not as far as I know. Some horses have naturally low heels. However the way your farrier trims her feet could also affect her. It doesn't look like she has shoes, but I believe there are types of shoes that help take the pressure off their heels. It's hard to tell without close-up pictures of her feet though. I'd take another look if you want to get some closer pictures, but I unfortunately don't know much. I'm sure there's some other people on here who can help you out far more than me. But if you're concerned about her feet I'm sure you could bring it up with your farrier.

TamaraB 01-09-2011 06:01 PM

Thanks! I will ask next time. She is trimmed every 6 weeks and does not have shoes.

KennyRogersPaints 01-09-2011 06:06 PM

Heels are very low, but some of that could be the way shes trimmed by your farrier, lacking muscle, and butt high, but since shes still young she probably will even herself out a bit. But her overall structure of her legs are very nice, and besides having low heels her feet are nice too, nice long neck and wide shoulders. overall, very cure horse :) im not the best at confo, so thats all i can really say about that, discipline wise,its really somewhat up to you with what you want to make her into

Streakin 01-09-2011 06:28 PM

Slightly cowhocked...dont care for her pasterns...

Her front feet really bother me. All toe and no heel.