The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Opinions on progress of OTTB One year off the track (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/opinions-progress-ottb-one-year-off-75181/)

hiwaythreetwenty 01-07-2011 09:31 PM

Opinions on progress of OTTB One year off the track

2 Attachment(s)
These are pictures of my OTTB the first is when I first brought her home in the Fall of 2009 the second was taken this past November (2010) when she was outside with her herdmates. Just wanted to show everyone her progress - still has weight to gain but she is still young (will be 6 in April) and she gets all you can eat (round bale outside - grain twice a day and hay always available overnight) She just isn't a big eater she likes to take her time and eat and sight see. She has made great progress in her training - she did a couple hunter paces this fall where she was actually the calm collected leader of the team. She loves the idea of being worked as long as she still gets to go back out to her friends when she is done. Overall she has offically become a member of the family.

riccil0ve 01-07-2011 09:35 PM

Holy legs!

You can definitely see the improvement, but it looks like she still has an under-muscled neck. Very pretty girl.

hiwaythreetwenty 01-07-2011 09:40 PM

Ah yes the neck and area that is slightly tricky to work on as she has slight attention problems we are working more now on rounding out and self carriage whereas previously we worked mainly on remaining relaxed and under control. Yes she has legs that go forever. I call her my long legged lady (which she is behaving - which she gets spicy she is my soul sister!)

riccil0ve 01-07-2011 09:48 PM

Yeah, her legs are a mile long! I had to stare at the picture for like, five minutes just to notice something other than those legs! Haha. I'd love to see pictures of her under better lighting in a normal setting. I bet she's absolutely beautiful when she's shining in the sun. =]

hiwaythreetwenty 01-07-2011 10:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple pictures that are still in color. Keep in mind both pictures she is on uneven ground. But when the sun shines she is absolutely stunning somedays I look out at her and I can't believe she is actually my horse.

Strange 01-09-2011 07:16 PM

She's lovely. :)

And to be honest I rather like her weight where it is now. I don't think she looks underweight at all. She just lacks muscle and therefore lacks that "filled out" look.

hiwaythreetwenty 01-09-2011 08:33 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, we are going to focus alot more on dressage to build up her muscles plus we need to have a little better control when we jump (she loves that job but we need to approach the jumps slower as David O'Brian told me quite repeatively)