The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   Barn and stable drama.... (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/barn-stable-drama-75191/)

cher40 01-08-2011 01:09 AM

Barn and stable drama....

Does your place of boarding have lots of drama? I have never boarded before and I have a client that boards at a different barn then me. She was telling us of all the drama that goes down there on a daily basis. She's thinking of moving her daughter out of there.

Then I went and toured another barn today and the owner ( a woman wanting to retire) brought up that there's always something going down and she's tired of the drama. She even said something is going to come out in the spring...meaning??? Not sure what that was about but I couldn't deal with it. lol

My barn seems to be okay other than a few conflicts when the dressage girls are in the indoor arena. Other than that its pretty quiet. I don't like drama and I just want to ride.:D

You don't have to get into details just wondering if this is what other boarders deal with.

franknbeans 01-08-2011 07:21 AM

The only one I have been at where there was drama was a large h/j show barn. They all were teenage primadonnas. They were nothing more than spoiled little rich girls. I hated it there. I too, just wanted to ride my horse.

So, in my mind there is a direct correlation between the number of teens and the drama. :wink:

LoveStory10 01-08-2011 07:47 AM

Lol yes, us teens are known for our drama!!

We dont have much drama at our barn, as we dont often see anyone else there lol

WalkerH 01-08-2011 09:58 AM

That is why I have always been wary of boarding at bigger show barns. I waited until I could keep a horse at my own house, which will happen this summer, before I would get a horse. I am not a fan of drama, and don't like to be involved in it. But with my sister she is like a drama creator and I have to hear about that where ever I go.

Skipsfirstspike 01-08-2011 09:58 AM

I usually try to board at small facilities with few other boarders. Teens or not, I think whenever you get a large group of horse people together there will be drama. If there are 40 boarders, then there are many different views and ideas about how and where you should ride and train, and probably lots of unsolicited advice!!

cher40 01-08-2011 01:02 PM

Sometimes I wish I had waited to have my own land before purchasing. Soon, I hope.

I actually find its grown adult woman acting like divas. Everyone trying to tell you how to do this and that, critiquing, judging, complaining...lol. My husband says they act "mare-ish" lol.

Beau Baby 01-08-2011 01:26 PM

Yes at bigger barns there will be drama. I hate when people say its the teens at barns that cause drama because I'm a teenager and I try my hardest not to cause drama when I board at a barn. I know 2 other teens at my last barn who hated drama as well. Its a terrible stereotype. I notice it is adult women who cause a lot of the drama. Like cher40 said, people are always gonna be trying to tell you how to do something better or differant. I've noticed at boarding barns women especially hate this! Not trying to be sexist as I am a female teenager so will be a woman one day.

BarrelracingArabian 01-08-2011 01:42 PM

my barn has quite a bit of drama but just becasue us girls dont like a certain trainer and sometimes the BO gets extremly moody and takes it out on us .

EmilyandNikki 01-08-2011 03:46 PM

Our drama usually has to deal with people from other barns hahaha every now and then something will happen at our barn, but for the most part, it's about what this person said/did at this show to one of our people, or how this person believes shes queen, and this one from our barn wins etc.

Reiterin 01-10-2011 11:16 PM

We are all working adults at our barn (mostly) I think we only have one teenager/kid, not including children of the boarders. All of us are also "backyard horse owner" types (assuming any of us had our own back yards to keep them - which we don't. that's why we board!) ;)
There is very little drama!

Plus, I have a very different schedule than anyone else. I'm almost always out there alone. and I don't communicate unnecessarily with the others, sooo.... it's almost like having a Whole barn to myself.