The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   My old horse is being re-sold (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/my-old-horse-being-re-sold-75375/)

Icrazyaboutu 01-10-2011 01:59 AM

My old horse is being re-sold

Now, the fact that he is being re-sold doesnt bother me. I know that his current owner will try to find him a wonderful home and I am very happy that she told me that he is up for sale and asked if I knew any good homes. Unfortunately, when I asked my friend that rides the discipline that he was originally trained in (She has ridden him before and he did amazing!) but she didn't know anyone currently looking for a new horse. So a few minutes ago I was on Facebook and the current owner was online so I IM'ed her saying that my friend didnt know anyone looking for a horse but she would keep her eyes open and she said thanks. Then I told her to be sure to advertise his training. Well she said that she copied his old ad (the person two owners before me) and I said that she needs to be sure to tell every potential buyer of his bucking problem right away so they dont think that you are hiding anything. To my surprise she replied, and I quote, : "I will unlike you! lol! just kidding" and then she immediately went offline. I know she said just kidding but behind every just kidding is some sort of truth. I am pretty sure that when she texted me about him when I was selling him the first thing I said was that he had a bucking issue and would require a rider with experience and that he was good for trails but still needed a leader on his back at all times. It seemed like she thought I false advertised him or something? I mean I stressed the bucking issue and I always asked her periodically how he was and if he was acting well. So, is it my fault that he wasnt good for her or am I totally over-reacting?

Sorry... kinda had to vent :/

riccil0ve 01-10-2011 02:09 AM

If you told her the horse had a bucking issue when she showed interest in purchasing him, you did all you can do. If she chose not to listen to you or believe you, that's her problem. I hope she finds him a good home.

Icrazyaboutu 01-10-2011 02:14 AM

Well the only thing I am worried about is that a month ago she told me, totally straight-forward, that the horse was an ass and she was no longer riding him. She said his bucking problem had gotten to the point that he started every trail ride with one and then everything continued like normal. With me, he bucked on trail one time and never again, I had to sell him because he hated gymkhana and that was what I wanted to do at the moment. She said she would use him for trail and stuff. But when she said that stupid little remark about me not saying that it got to me... I mean I told everyone but maybe she thinks I made it seem like a little issue instead of the big issue it has turned into since she has had him? I dont know, should I be worrying about this?

riccil0ve 01-10-2011 02:18 AM

No, it seems to me that the problem escalated with her and she'd rather blame someone else, and lucky you got picked. I wouldn't fret over it.

Icrazyaboutu 01-10-2011 03:26 AM

Thats what I am thinking too but now I am starting to think along the lines of "what if I didnt stress it enough?" I mean, maybe she thought that I was a really bad rider so she figured she could handle him but in the end she made it worse? I just hope I wasnt misleading...

HairyCob 01-10-2011 05:28 AM

It sounds to me that you weren't misleading at all. If you told her about the bucking and then she bought the horse, you've done nothing wrong.

If he's bucking alot more with her, then the problem could lie with her, if you say he only bucked once on a trail with you.

Don't stress too much over it, you did the right thing in the first place and if she decided ti buy the horse then it's her fault for not listening to you.

furandfeather 01-10-2011 01:27 PM

hiya ,not to worry at all he is no longer your problem .she probley contacted you in case there was a chance you would have him back hence her remark to make you feel guilty .trust me ive been there and wore the tee-shirt.

My2Geldings 01-10-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icrazyaboutu (Post 883725)
Now, the fact that he is being re-sold doesnt bother me. I know that his current owner will try to find him a wonderful home and I am very happy that she told me that he is up for sale and asked if I knew any good homes. Unfortunately, when I asked my friend that rides the discipline that he was originally trained in (She has ridden him before and he did amazing!) but she didn't know anyone currently looking for a new horse. So a few minutes ago I was on Facebook and the current owner was online so I IM'ed her saying that my friend didnt know anyone looking for a horse but she would keep her eyes open and she said thanks. Then I told her to be sure to advertise his training. Well she said that she copied his old ad (the person two owners before me) and I said that she needs to be sure to tell every potential buyer of his bucking problem right away so they dont think that you are hiding anything. To my surprise she replied, and I quote, : "I will unlike you! lol! just kidding" and then she immediately went offline. I know she said just kidding but behind every just kidding is some sort of truth. I am pretty sure that when she texted me about him when I was selling him the first thing I said was that he had a bucking issue and would require a rider with experience and that he was good for trails but still needed a leader on his back at all times. It seemed like she thought I false advertised him or something? I mean I stressed the bucking issue and I always asked her periodically how he was and if he was acting well. So, is it my fault that he wasnt good for her or am I totally over-reacting?

Sorry... kinda had to vent :/

If you were honest with her, and told her before she bought him, the fact that she bought him is not your problem. An unfortunate situation really, but so goes the horse industry for you. Going to be hard to find him a home who is willing to deal with this problem.