The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Foaling Preparation (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/foaling-preparation-7541/)

whinruss 04-03-2008 03:35 PM

Foaling Preparation

Hello. My mare is still two months away from delivery time, but it is never too early to start thinking of name possiblities! My mare is a bay Arabian. Here is her picture. http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/1118_102_1005_1.jpg
The sire is a Palomino Quarter Horse. I do not have any pictures of him available though. The mare's name is TR Amneris, and the sire is Let Freedom Ring. I want to keep the TR in the name because the foal is a Traveler's Rest bred horse which is popular Arabian bloodline in my area though I will definitely keep the baby. The baby color possiblities are

29.17%-Buckskin (I hope!)
29.17%-Bay
16.67%-Palomino
16.67%-Chestnut
4.17%-Smokey Black
4.17%-Black

Any name suggestions will be great. I will post pics when he/she is born though it will be a while. She is starting to get the baby belly obviously though, and I felt it kick the other day. This is not her first baby though it has been 9 years since her last one!

whinruss 04-10-2008 01:47 AM

bump...anyone with name possibilities at all?

misita 04-11-2008 09:13 PM

I vote for

TR's Applause
TR's America's Freedom Rings
TR's American Freedom
American's Let Freedom Ring
TR's Freedom Ringing American!!! :lol:

Let me know what you think.

Or a take off those themes.

When is baby due and what do you plan for him/her? First baby?

How totally exciting! :wink:

Chris
www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net

JustDressageIt 04-11-2008 09:45 PM

TR American Beauty
TR Tried and True
TR Amneris Image
TR American Pride

... I'll post more later!

misita 04-11-2008 11:23 PM

I love TR American Pride.

Chris

JustDressageIt 04-11-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misita
I love TR American Pride.

Chris

Thank you :oops:

whinruss 04-12-2008 12:13 AM

This is our 3rd baby. However, the last baby we had is actually the daddy of this baby! It's cool to have so many connections to tie in this baby. I will know both parents and all the grandparents for this foal.

For when the baby is due, I have a post entitled Gestation Period. She is suppose to be due at the end of May/first of June. However, I noticed on her records from the people we got her from that she went really early on the last baby (321 days) so we are in preporation mode. However, I can tell she is just not quite big enough to be anxious just yet. I have been trying to get a baby out of this mare for 3 years, so I am ready for it. I tried with a Holsteiner out of Canada (Lancaster), but his sperm count was low and she aborted twice. We went all natural with this baby, and she has had absolutely no difficulties! I just hope it continues. She is almost 21 now :(

I do like TR American Pride. That is really cute. Are there any suggestions to bring in dam's name (Amneris)? She is an Arabian, so it is a little different but I absolutely love it.

JustDressageIt 04-12-2008 04:03 PM

TR Amneris Pride
TR Amnerica
TR Am I Gorgeous (or Stunning)
TR Am I Famous

... do you like any of those?

Merete 04-13-2008 11:25 AM

You´re good with names :) I can never think of a name. I like Arancha though - TR Amneris Arancha :D

whinruss 04-13-2008 09:38 PM

I do like TR Amnerica! I have thought about TR Bisque for a boy. I know it has nothing to do with any of their bloodlines, but it's different and short (which I like to double use as a barn name).

Amneris is gaining weight so quickly! She gained about 50 pounds this week!!!