The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Coming 4 yr old Large Cremello Sport Pony Filly in Central Pa (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/coming-4-yr-old-large-cremello-75693/)

NittanyEquestrian 01-13-2011 10:07 AM

Coming 4 yr old Large Cremello Sport Pony Filly in Central Pa

Good brain and very personable but is still a baby so is not suitable for a child's pony at this time, but could be in the future. 3 great gaits and a cute tuck when free lunged over jumps. Would make a fabulous large hunter pony but is correct enough for dressage! Placed 2nd against aged horses and ponies in Hunter in Hand in September. The judge had nothing but good things to say about her. Very naturally up through her back and shoulders with great movement she could also excel in the sporthorse disciplines and would make a great teen project as she takes up enough leg and is safe/sane enough for an experienced teen to finish her under direction of an experienced adult. Has been backed and started, will continue to be trained until sold and her price will go up with more training. $2000 obo. Video of her movement and one of her first rides coming soon.

hflmusicislife 01-16-2011 06:17 PM

There's a possibility I will be selling my mare and purchasing a younger pony... I actually saw her dreamhorse ad about 5 minutes before I saw this post, and she certainly looks cute! If you could try to get a clearer conformation picture that would be great. I'd love to see the riding videos when you get some! Also, has she been sticked at 14hh? I just want to make sure she would stay a pony. Thanks!

NittanyEquestrian 01-16-2011 11:55 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I have sticked her but just quickly with a tape measure so it was hard to be 100% accurate and I think I guesstimated on the higher end. She was a tad butt high this summer but has evened out and was 14hh at the butt when I sticked her and a very slight bit under at the withers. She is coming 4 in April so I'm pretty confident that she won't be much over 14.1 even if she has a growth spurt but I can try to get a true stick on her this week. She's out of a red and white paint chincoteague pony stud and a small foundation line palomino QH mare, a bit of a woops. A friend of mine is a big champagne color person and thinks that she has champagne in her because she has the freckling, the amber toned eyes and a few other characteristics of the champagne genetics. So she would be a great filly to show now and maybe breed to a nice pony stud in the future if she is successful because she's got the looks, the conformation, the personality and the color. Who says you can't have it all?? She is a very inquisitive and fun little filly. She has about 15 rides right now and once my ring thaws out again I will put some more on her. She's not particularly slow legged and isn't going to be your next western pleasure pony. But she has really great movement for the English disciplines and is VERY comfortable to ride even though she's green and a bit unbalanced. She has been walked, trotted and cantered in a ring. The only thing she has done in those 15 rides is that she gets a little distracted and excited, especially when new horses come into the ring. She is lower on the totem pole and is a real follower type personality so she would be a good youth or amateur project because she really looks for someone to tell her what to do. Here's the best shots I have, some of them were in the picture montage I put up I think. Let me know if you want any others and I can get some this week if you don't mind the fact that she looks like a woolly mammoth. Also she's been out on 24/7 turnout with a herd of 6 and is doing fine on free choice hay and 2 cups of straight oats with a mineral/vitamin supplement daily. We check them daily and she has been doing well with the low temps we've been getting in Central Pa and hasn't needed to wear a blanket yet. So she's definitely an easy, low maintenance pony! I will work on getting her video done. The under saddle stuff I have is from about her 5th ride so it's not super pretty or graceful. I have some footage of her being free lunged too that's pretty good.

hflmusicislife 01-17-2011 05:39 PM

She's very cute! Her conformation is actually rather good, considering her age. She reminds me quite a bit of my isabella palomino mare :) I'll have to see if we're switching barns etc. but if we move to the barn I'm thinking of, it's cheap enough I might be able to get another horse as a project, and she looks great. I should know within a month or so what we're doing, and as soon as I do I'll let you know, as I'm pretty in her. If you get any other good riding videos of her I'd still love to see them :)

NittanyEquestrian 01-18-2011 04:56 PM

Will do. Her conformation is truly great for a coming 4 yr old and her movement is SUPER comfy. She's just a willing but unbalanced greenie at this point. She would be an easy project for just about anyone that can ride. I took her in from a friend who got her as a weanling and then didn't do much with her and didn't know how to start her under saddle. Then I got busy and I have other projects of my own so I got her started and she has fantastic ground manners and that's where she's at. I'd rather pass her along to someone that can/will do something with her than try to fit her into my training schedule this summer and campaign her myself. I'm working on the videos and will have them soon and will post them then. Keep me updated if you decide you want her, I'm willing to do a trial if that's something you're interested in as well. My main concern is that she gets a good home and job. =)

hflmusicislife 01-18-2011 05:11 PM

She'd certainly have a good home with me. Our horses are so spoiled. ;) We're going to talk to the owner of the barn I hope to move this weekend, because the board is cheaper and it's a much nicer place than where we're at now. If we decide to move there, I'll definitely be getting some more info about her. I'd really like to get a nice large pony to work with and do hunters, and she looks like she'd have the movement to do that. Plus, her coloring looks exactly like my mare's spring/fall coat, so I suppose I'm a little biased ;)

NittanyEquestrian 01-19-2011 04:52 PM

Yea she is gorgeous. She gets almost palomino in the summer and then lighter in the winter. She gets random dapples too sometimes which are really pretty.

hflmusicislife 01-19-2011 05:18 PM

Oh, awesome! She does look like she might be champagne, too... My pally mare get's almost white in the winter, but in the summer she gets a really nice dark palomino.

kywalkinghorse2010 01-20-2011 12:27 AM

She is a champagne if her sire was red/white. It's impossible for her to be a cremello if only one parent was creme.

hflmusicislife 01-20-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kywalkinghorse2010 (Post 896433)
She is a champagne if her sire was red/white. It's impossible for her to be a cremello if only one parent was creme.

Wow, I feel stupid.. how did I miss that, I have a bit of an obsession with cream horses... But that explains why she's so dark.
Posted via Mobile Device