The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Great progress with my new horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/great-progress-my-new-horse-75741/)

cher40 01-13-2011 07:43 PM

Great progress with my new horse

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my progress with my new horse that I bought 7 weeks ago. We haven't been together long and I doubted my decision buying him believing he may have too much for me.

I've been working with a new trainer and I can't believe the difference it has made. We have made big strides in the round pen. He listens to my voice cues and today I rode him without my coach present and we did great! It felt so good!

I just had to share because I'm so happy and don't really have any horsey friends.

Cher

loosie 01-13-2011 08:33 PM

Good for you! Taking it slowly & also finding a good trainer to help you is a great idea. No hurry, better to build slowly on good stuff than go too fast & have to work through setbacks.

cher40 01-13-2011 08:54 PM

Thanks loosie! It has helped me to learn my horse by taking it slow and working on the ground with him. He has had some past issues to work through from his previous owner, and now he's begun to realize I'm not going to treat him that way. And he responds beautifully!

trailhorserider 01-13-2011 09:54 PM

Congratulations! I know you were struggling there for a while. I'm so glad you guys are on the right track. :D

cher40 01-15-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trailhorserider (Post 889143)
Congratulations! I know you were struggling there for a while. I'm so glad you guys are on the right track. :D

Thank you! I just thought I'd post a positive thread on our progress. I had another great day with him today. Things are moving forward for the both of us very nicely.

AlexS 01-15-2011 01:52 AM

I love those moments, in my opinion they are a large part of why we have such an expensive hobby. That feel is like nothing else.

I am glad you had such a good ride, but I would caution you to think that this doesn't mean that there are not tough times ahead, but remember this feeling as it will fuel you through those times.