The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   i like him!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/i-like-him-75763/)

BarrelracingArabian 01-13-2011 11:16 PM

i like him!!

Okey so i like the look of this guy but im not good on confo. They say he has a club foot but it doesnt look to bad to me. I would still have to talk to my mom bout him but i wanted to see what you guys have to say. He would be used as a trail/barrel/gymkhana horse. I really like his baby doll head :]
10 yr appendix quater gelding

Spastic_Dove 01-13-2011 11:19 PM

Eek, I don't like that foot. I'd like to see him squared up though.

I really don't know a lot about them but I skip over horses with club feet/any leg issues for anything more than trails. He is really cute otherwise.

BarrelracingArabian 01-13-2011 11:22 PM

ya i would normally to but it depends on how he moves the video they have doesnt really show alot about his movment. But im not sure my mom would agree to him :/

ShutUpJoe 01-13-2011 11:24 PM

That's not a good foot. I wonder if shoes will help him out. My mom had a gelding with club hooves and she had to get shoes on him. $1200.....for a horse with a club foot.... Is that what horses are going for around where you are at?

AztecBaby 01-13-2011 11:38 PM

Thats a pretty bad club foot, I wouldnt call it 'slight'. I would pass.

BarrelracingArabian 01-13-2011 11:50 PM

shutupjoe-shoes might help him but yeah horses around here are going cheap my old trainer just sold a gorgeous APHA registered gelding for 500.
Azteca-okey thanks for the advice i might just do that as i saw a pretty nice looking gelding with no club for the same price so i might jsut pass on him

ShutUpJoe 01-13-2011 11:53 PM

I wouldn't pay $1200 for him. Have you tried a rescue?

tinyliny 01-14-2011 12:03 AM

I have a friend with a NSH with a marked club foot and she moves like no tomorrow! Zoom!

lilruffian 01-14-2011 12:16 AM

Agreed with the clubfoot.
Cute little guy though. Could use more muscling, especially in his neck.
His hind legs are set wide apart and he also appears stretched back... There's also something about his fronts that i can't put a finger on right now... i dont really like the way his legs look at all really.
He does have an adorable face, & sounds like a well-mannered guy. I'd be cautious about the club foot, but i suppose if he's a safe mount with alot of experience, people will pay the money even if he has confo flaws.

BarrelracingArabian 01-14-2011 12:24 AM

shutupjoe-i have looked around and there is a cute little quarter horse mare for 500 buut my only thing with a rescue is that there arent many close to where i live and i cant drive yet and its hard to get a ride