The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   I *HEART* the horse forum! (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/i-%2Aheart%2A-horse-forum-75915/)

corinowalk 01-16-2011 01:13 AM

I *HEART* the horse forum!

In the past 6 months, my life has been taken and shaken like a snow globe. When I started here a few short months ago, I had a wonderfully hyper QH Gelding named Nico. He still shows up occasionally as 'my' horse as I don't have the heart to delete his photos.

After losing my job, my hand was forced. Before my finances negatively affected the lifestyle he had become accustomed to, I sold him. It really was awful and not something I chatted about regularly on the forum. I am past it. Nico is better off and flourishing in his new home. I still ride when I can with friends and am slowly making myself financially strong enough to support my small family....and a horse.

So basically, this thread is...I love the horse forum...let me count the ways.

1. The support I receive here is unbelievable.
2. The mix of different riders and different age groups.
3. The pure knowledge of some of the people on this board just cannot be found in a no-horse town like mine.
4. The freedom that this forum has allowed me is amazing. I am a horseless rider. I can come on here and live vicariously through hundreds of thousands of members. In my minds eye, I have ridden all your horses...and it was fun!
5. While we don't all get along, we all have a common interest. We love horses. And sometimes they love us back.
6. It soothes my need to buy up ridiculous amounts of tack for no reason.
7. While I have no intention on ever ever ever breeding...I get to see all your foals...aaand, I know how *most* of you stand on breeding.

Why am I posting this message? Because! After screening through the internet for MONTHS on end for a saddle to fit my widening hiney...oh where oh where would I find one? HORSE FORUM. Not just any saddle. MY SADDLE. My exact model/color/tree size Bighorn saddle...only an inch and a half bigger! Only on the horse forum!

So basically this is my big old virtual hug to all of you out there that have unknowingly helped me through a very rough time in my life. Thanks guys!

Feel free to spew your love of the horse forum!

PintoTess 01-16-2011 01:59 AM

*Big Virtual hug right back at ya'!*, I agree that this forum has changed me as well. When I started, I was very naive and I thought I knew everything and everyone was giving ME advice! Now that has changed and I have made a new best friend and other Virtual friends and now *I* am the one giving some people advice!

tinyliny 01-16-2011 02:39 AM

Corino,

I didn't know you were having your world shaken up. Your hide it well.

HF has come to feel really familiar and intimate. I find myself running to it multiple times a day. I can be totally up in the clouds when someone admires my artwork or when one of the more experienced posters agrees with some advice I gave (so I feel that maybe I might know something, maybe), then I can feel a bit like an ass when I end up saying something that I wish I could suck out of cyber space, but can't .
I think I am finding my way through HF, how to use it, how to pick and choose posts where I might really have something to contribute and how to stand back and let other better suited posters do the job.
Still make an ass of myself regularly. At least that's still in the equine family!

I hope that your path leads you to the right horse, who is probably just now, even as we chat, waiting for you.

TaMMa89 01-17-2011 11:53 AM

I do love that forum. My huge virtual family, you always give good advices and are there when needed.

A group hug http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

Katesrider011 01-17-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 891489)
Corino,

I didn't know you were having your world shaken up. Your hide it well.

HF has come to feel really familiar and intimate. I find myself running to it multiple times a day. I can be totally up in the clouds when someone admires my artwork.

I love your artwork myself! I also love lilruffian's artwork as well! I wish I could draw.

But I love the horse forum as well. I thought I'd get on here like only once a day. Boy was I wrong. I'm addicted this place, I love the people and everything. But then there's the occasional troll :shock: Usaully it's those new people who come in and they don't last long anyway. It's just amusing when I see a troll like topic, and I look forward to the responses :wink:

And I love the rules of this place. Especially that rule of no text talk really saved this forum from becoming like youtube and such I think. The creator was very very smart for making these rules.

Alwaysbehind 01-17-2011 01:52 PM

Great post, Cori.

It has been a great place to meet new friends too. Even if they do eat paste. :-P

Can not wait to see photos of your new saddle. How exciting.

barrelracer892 01-17-2011 02:39 PM

*Hugs to everyone!*

I can't believe all the information I've gotten from here. I wish I had a tenth of the knowledge a lot of you guys have!

While I may not post advice all that much, I love reading the stuff others have posted.

Thank you guys for being here!