The Horse Forum banner

Hello from Wisconsin!

903 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  UWLEquestrian 
#1 ·
I've been lurking on this forum for a week or so and finally decided to join. Seems I already have a reputation here.
I have one horse, KC, who is a black Morab gelding. He is 6, going to be 7 in May. I bought him from his breeder in 2007. He is approximately 15.1 hh, I haven't measured him in a while. He is currently broke, but not trained, if you know what I mean. He just needs more finishing work. I would like to eventually do some reining with him.
Right now, though, I'm in college and don't get to work with him much as I am 3 hours + away. He is a very healthy, happy horse, and I am very lucky to have him. I keep him at natisha's (who is a member here) barn.
I also ride for my college's equestrian team, and ride for the English team. I'm currently in the Walk/Trot division, but in our first three shows I managed to be one point away from pointing up to Beginner W/T/C. I love IHSA, it's definitely a new experience showing horses you've never ridden before. I have done some jumping before, but I was in way over my head. My coach & natisha have helped me put a great foundation on my flat work, and I have started jumping again over low stuff.
I mainly ride Western at home, but rode English for about 10 years before I switched to Western. I had a lot of instruction when I was younger, but it was from many different trainers and I was a lot more inexperienced than I thought.
Then natisha started helping me and I have really come a long ways thanks to her. I was able to retrain my OTTB (who is no longer with me, may he RIP :-() and KC with her help. I did my first real training job this past month and I am proud of myself. The mare came a long ways from when I started with her. This summer my farrier has two young Icelandics he wants me to start for him. I'm excited and very fortunate to get this opportunity and experience.
Along with that, I will be doing a lot of job shadowing veterinarians as I am a Pre-Vet student.
I think that's all for now. :D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.