The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Can't contain myself any longer! New Mini... (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/cant-contain-myself-any-longer-new-76095/)

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 01-17-2011 10:27 PM

Can't contain myself any longer! New Mini...

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I was going to wait until I got him here safe and sound, and had some better pics of him....
But I can't wait, just gotta share! :D

I have always said I would never buy a horse in the winter, but then I found this little guy, and could not pass him up.
He has such a soft, kind personality, really looking forward to getting to know him better.

He is Buckeye WCF Fly Like An Eagle, aka Domino. At least that is the barn name my hubby is liking. I was kind of hoping to come up with an American Indian name for him, some thing unique, but have not come up with any ideas. So Domino may just stick, kind of fits him I guess.
If any one has some good ones, please let me know!

I was hoping he would be here this last Sunday, but we have had rain on top of snow and ice, so that combined with high winds have made it just slicker than snot around here!
Now we are shooting for late this week or week-end. Should be getting more snow by then, so hope to get some traction...
I hope so, I am getting terribly impatient!!!! :wink:

Well, enough yacking about him, here is the only pic I have right now.
(It's a little blurry and he's a bit wooly, but oh well.)
Thanks for looking!
(the Second pic is of his sire, C-Chief Proud Eagle out of Komokos Blue Eagle, hope that is okay to post...)

ThinkingOfRiding 01-17-2011 10:29 PM

He is soo cute! Congrats :D

ShutUpJoe 01-17-2011 10:39 PM

Super cute!

Gizmo 01-17-2011 10:48 PM

What a cutie pie! I bet he is going to be a sweetie.

dirtymartini 01-18-2011 07:26 AM

OMG, he is soooo adorable! Is he already trained to drive? Love his coloring. Congrats to your newest addition to your family, I am happy for you!

ScharmLily 01-18-2011 07:56 AM

Awwww...he is so adorable! His sire is gorgeous as well. Congrats on the new addition!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 01-18-2011 03:47 PM

Thanks every one. :D
I think he is pretty cute now, just can't wait to see him this summer after I body clip him, and get him in better physical condition!
He is a bit on the chubby side at the moment...

I was told he has been shown, and placed, in halter and cart classes.
I guess I will know for sure once I get him tacked up and ground driving.
I have one mini I am just finishing this spring, and two that I am just going to be starting, so it would be wonderful to just be able to give him a re-fresher and be able to drive him pretty much right away.
That would make four out of our six that are finished. Yay!

I have been wanting another leopard appy, and I love that he is really different than Kozmo, in color and markings. Keeps them both unique. :wink:

Oh! Did any one have name ideas? Or does Domino stick?

dirtymartini 01-18-2011 04:50 PM

Domino is an awfully cute name. Hmmm...I am trying to think of some native american names...

here is a link..

Indian horse names make beautiful names for your horse.

here is another...

Thousands of NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN NAMES for your dog, horse, cat, pet or child from Chinaroad Lowchens of Australia -

good luck!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 01-18-2011 05:13 PM

Thanks for those links dirtymartini!
I have been browsing around those, and similar sites, just not finding anything that catches my eye.....

I do believe that Domino is going to stick, it sure seems to suit him.
The more time goes by, the more it just feels right. :wink:
(and that will make the Hubby happy too since he picked it!) LOL

Sure hope we get that snow soon, get this ice covered up.
Not very good with this waiting! :?

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 01-21-2011 05:19 PM

Grrrr! :?
I am NOT very happy at the moment....

Thought that getting some snow on top of this ice would help traction wise, usually does, but oh noooooo!
In the last two days it has become literally just treacherous. Even getting out to feed and back in the house without falling flat is a huge challenge.

There is no way we can get our big horse trailer down and back up our drive to pick up Domino as planned this week-end.
I even contacted the seller about maybe borrowing her two horse trailer, and just unloading down on the county road, and I'd just lead him up to our place, but she was not willing. (even for a fee!)
Don't quite understand that...:-|

I am g
oing to call around and see what it would cost to have some one local transport him, but I know that is not going to go over well with the 'ole hubby.
I have been racking my brain trying to think of some one we could borrow a trailer from, but not coming up with any one.

Well, please wish me luck! I could sure use it about now.