The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Possible Broodmare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/possible-broodmare-76183/)

NittanyEquestrian 01-18-2011 05:23 PM

Possible Broodmare

2 Attachment(s)
I know of an 8 yr old Dutch mare that is in need of a new home. She came up a little unsound behind and the owners don't want to lay her up or try to rehab her. The general census is that she has a small bone spur or something that might be rehabbed but will take time and work. I'm thinking about taking her on because I've been looking for a few good broodmares and she's pasture/light riding sound just gets funny when worked although isn't in obvious discomfort over it. I don't have any pedigree info on her just a few pictures. So for now please tear apart her pictures. Thanks!

TrueColours 01-19-2011 07:26 AM

Nothing to tear apart. She is VERY VERY nice!

If I had to be picky, I'd say she's a tad light in behind but that is being picky!

If you dont take her, can you please let me know the details on her? :-)

NittanyEquestrian 01-19-2011 08:33 AM

I know next to nothing about her. She's supposed to be super quiet and sweet and of course she's gorgeous! The owner said she might be a good light trail horse or something of the sort. They're looking for a forever home for her and aren't sure if they want her to breed. But I'm pretty sure that she's not going to have a forever home that will take great care f her UNLESS she goes to a breeders because a weekend trail or companion horse person isn't going to sink any money into her if she develops any OA or other complications. But I have my fingers crossed that we get her. If I do are you finally going to ship GG to Pa so he can meet some fine new ladies? =P

TrueColours 01-19-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

If I do are you finally going to ship GG to Pa so he can meet some fine new ladies?

How about if I just ship PART of GG to PA?! :lol: The part that arrives in 50ml syringes and is lovingly nestled in a nice styrofoam shipping container with ice packs for company?! :lol:

NittanyEquestrian 01-19-2011 10:43 PM

Haha i guess I could get away with that if I had a warmblood broodmare instead of a TB one huh? Do I get the awesome broodmare discount on those little parts of GG? =P