The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   Anyone Been to a Rolex K3DE? (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/anyone-been-rolex-k3de-76238/)

candandy49 01-19-2011 10:13 AM

Anyone Been to a Rolex K3DE?

Anyone Been to a Rolex K3DE( Kentucky 3-Day Event) in Lexington, Kentucky? I got to go in 2004 and it was a blast. The Horse Park is an outstanding place to see. Got to spend 4 days there. There were 2 days of Dressage, one day of Cross Coutry Jumping and one day of Stadium Jumping. If ever anyone gets the opportuntiy to go you will really enjoy it.

eventerdrew 01-19-2011 10:56 AM

Yes! My first year was last year when William Fox-Pitt and Cool Mountain took the crown.

I will be going again this year (And years to come) fortunately because I live 15 minutes away from the Horse Park now!

candandy49 01-19-2011 06:05 PM

I wish so very strongly that we lived closer to Lexington or Kentucky in general. I'd go every year in that case, but the cost of tickets and 4 day passes has gone up since I went. In '04 the only seating that required a ticket was the Stadium Jumping. Now I know that a ticket is required for the Dressage tests. I flew from Springfield,MO to Cincinnati,OH then catch a flight to the Blue Grass Airport in Lexington. When I got there I met up with a bunch of friends(about 30 of them) from another Board I belong to. My Brit friend from London was there and we shared a motel room and a rental car. Another of our friends rented an RV and had it set-up in her Horse park camp site.

eventnwithwinston 01-19-2011 06:58 PM

I live somewhat close so I've been four times..
The past two years I have volunteered in the Rolex K3DE shop and in return gotten general admission tickets.

I absolutely LOVE rolex.. and agree. Everyone should go if they get the chance!! :)

equiniphile 01-19-2011 07:22 PM

I'm going to try going this year.

Spastic_Dove 01-19-2011 09:01 PM

I would love to. A girl I ride with qualified and I would love to go see her ride but there's no way that would happen =( I wish I would have gone back when I lived on the east coast.

Strange 01-19-2011 10:04 PM

Well, if I had been a working student with my trainer last year I might've had a chance to go! However she just retired and bred her four star mare last year, lol. Maybe in a couple years she'll be able to go again with one of the very promising young horses she currently has in work for their owners, we'll see! :P

I'd love the chance to go watch Rolex, it would be a lot of fun!

mollybolly 01-23-2011 04:36 PM

I went 3 times a few years ago AND I LOVED IT! i definitely agree that everyone should go once in their life! its an amazing experience and there is nothing like it! I love the shopping :) and of course watching all the amazing riders! I can't wait till i graduate from college so I can go again!

Sophie19 01-23-2011 04:54 PM

I went about 6 years ago or so. It was really fun. I loved watching the cross country. And its horse shopping heaven. Unfortunately it happens only a few weeks before the Kentucky Derby, which we go to every year, and I really can't afford to take two trips that close together. Especially considering that Rolex turns me into a shopaholic.

faye 01-23-2011 05:25 PM

no but I have been to, Badminton and to Burghley!