The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rodeo (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/)
-   -   Which Rodeo Events Do You Do? (http://www.horseforum.com/rodeo/rodeo-events-do-you-do-76470/)

ropergirl 01-21-2011 10:03 PM

Which Rodeo Events Do You Do?

I compete in team roping,breakaway roping,goat tying,barrelracing,and polebending. :)

What about you?

Spastic_Dove 01-21-2011 10:20 PM

Just barrel racing for me.

I've tried a bunch of others but only at little fun rodeos, never anything serious.

kmloper 01-21-2011 11:00 PM

team an ranch sorting for me..I see there is a new organizing body for sorting, www.nscha.com. Anybody check it out yet?

Iseul 01-22-2011 08:38 AM

I Did barrel racing, polebending, keyhole, thread the needle, down and back, and most of the fun shows like Simon says the past year.
I'm hoping to possibly do something with reining and a cowhorse event (roping, penning/sorting, or cutting) this year as well though, since I'm actually leasing a horse and I'll be able to train him for that as well, since I haveto retrain him in the first place anyway. I might decide to toss him in the trail class as well, when he gets better being near things on his sides. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

DiamondsMyLady 01-24-2011 11:51 AM

I haven't competed yet, but I'm going to this (2011) summer, doing pole bending, barrels, reining, key hole, etc. Lots of speed events. My mares a little speed demon she is :]

sarahver 01-24-2011 11:58 AM

I do the 'spectator event' - it's where you go to the Houston rodeo, watch all the events, have an awesome time and spend the next month trying to figure out how the HELL they manage to do any of it!

lilkitty90 01-24-2011 05:24 PM

ahaha me too! Sarah, thoughi am beginning to teach my horse barrels and pole bending. we don't have any of the fun shows at our rodeo such as key hole, the birangle, and hurry scurry and such = /

equiniphile 01-24-2011 05:38 PM

At our county fair I did everything they offered, which was barrels, poles, cones and barrels, speed and control, flag race, etc.

Serenity06 02-14-2011 01:39 PM

Barrel racing, pole bending, and hopefully gonna start breakaway roping soon!

DrumRunner 02-14-2011 02:06 PM

Cloverleaf Barrels, Texas Barrels, Arena Race, Pole bending, Cones, Flag Race, Keyhole, Diagonal Texas Barrels...Love me some Arena Race and Cloverleaf..Poles next favorite..