The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Being stalked by horse seller... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/being-stalked-horse-seller-76513/)

cher40 01-22-2011 03:21 PM

Being stalked by horse seller...

Not sure if some of you read my thread regarding a Standardbred gelding my hubby was interested in. After trail riding him for nearly three hours in the mountains and finding him well behaved and having a great personality, we decided to go further and have him PPE by a vet.

He is a ex racer and he had a few issues with nose bleeds after exertion, low level heart murmur and hooves slightly toed out. All of which the vet told us is not too significant at his age for now (6) and for using him as a trail horse.

But we have decided to keep looking because there are so many other horses out there for sale that don't have heart issues that MAY turn into something more as he ages.

Anyway, this seller keeps contacting me via email after we said we have lost interest. Telling me over and over, how he can be ridden by anyone, blah, blah, and that he won two endurance races. Now I get an email that she wants me to fax her my paid copy of the vet report because "she wants to compare it to another report she has". So, did someone else vet him and he failed too? I told her she can have it if she pays me for it. I'm not sure what she is up to but I notice she has changed her ads. The gelding is now being offered as a "lesson horse" or a "therapy horse" and for cheaper price and then she upped her mare for sale by a grand. I'm losing patience. I have even told her I find her lack of concern regarding her gelding after she told me she's going to enter him in 7 endurance races this year. The vet said anything more strenuous than trail riding, his heart issue should be looked into more in depth.

If she wants the report she should reimburse me, correct?

cloudkisser 01-22-2011 03:53 PM

I wouldn't give it to her at all. If she wants a report she can get it herself. That's just me...but I can be a b#$%@ sometimes:)

equiniphile 01-22-2011 03:55 PM

Make her pay for it. If she wants it that bad, make her pay the cost of you having your vet PPE him.

HairyCob 01-22-2011 04:06 PM

Sounds like the type of woman you don't want to get involved with at all. Just cut contact.

VelvetsAB 01-22-2011 04:08 PM

I agree with HairyCob.

Really there isn't a reason why she needs to keep contacting you.

CinderEve 01-22-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VelvetsAB (Post 899275)
I agree with HairyCob.

Really there isn't a reason why she needs to keep contacting you.

Agreed. Put her email address on your block list and be done with it.

cher40 01-22-2011 07:12 PM

I thought I was done with her until yesterday's email. I'm getting annoyed and the b***h in me is about to come out..lol.

I sent her an email this afternoon stating that we have moved on because apparently I didn't make it clear enough and if she wants the report she can pay me my cost. She then went on to tell me that the reason she wants it is to compare it to another buyer's vet report. That potential buyer actually had the horse at her place for a trial and then returned him.

I'm just sighing with relief that we made the decision to move on.

CinderEve...I'm not sure if I can block with my email. I know hotmail and some other accounts you can but I couldn't find the option with my email provider. i probably have to call, which I will do if I get one more email from her.

NorthernMama 01-22-2011 08:22 PM

Cher40, you definitely can block your email. Find a computer whiz nearby or ask your provider for help.

I would NOT give this person a copy of the vet exam no matter how much she pays. If she wants it, she can approach the vet herself and get a new one all just for her. People like that are often ones that will turn things against you, without you figuring out how she possibly could until it's too late.

Cut all contact. Block emails. If she has your phone number or any other contact info and she continues, notify police for assistance.

xXEventerXx 01-22-2011 08:59 PM

i would just not email her or talk to her at all, just ignore all the emails ect. If you dont want the horse dont get involved just walk away

cher40 01-22-2011 09:48 PM

Okay, I've had my techie son do it for me. That was a bit odd & stressful. The seller did not have my phone number...thank goodness.

I hope we find him a good trail horse soon. :)