The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   "plus sized" winter breeches (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/plus-sized-winter-breeches-76521/)

QHDragon 01-22-2011 05:40 PM

"plus sized" winter breeches

I had never considered myself "plus sized" until I started looking for breeches online. Anybody know where I can get size 36 breeches for something less than 100 dollars, preferably less than 50? Other than fuller fillies I am having ZERO luck.

cfralic 01-22-2011 07:42 PM

I wish I knew.. I always find myself feeling huge when trying on breeches too, I think they're just an unflattering fit for people with big hips.

MIEventer 01-22-2011 07:49 PM

Really? I never thought you to be a size 36! It's ok, cause I am a 33-34 - I'm trying to lose weight, but I seem to be gaining instead of losing.

Have you tried Ebay? Right now Dover is having a big sale - have you checked with their site?

kitten_Val 01-22-2011 08:31 PM

Hmmmm.... You don't look 36 to me, but here we go up to size 38 (they are my favorite, I have 3 pairs although a different size - got when one color was on closeout there):

Dover Saddlery | Devon-AireŽ Versailles Riding Breeches.

QHDragon 01-22-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 899623)
Hmmmm.... You don't look 36 to me, but here we go up to size 38 (they are my favorite, I have 3 pairs although a different size - got when one color was on closeout there):

Dover Saddlery | Devon-AireŽ Versailles Riding Breeches.

Aww, thanks. Lots of people seem surprised when I reveal my true pant size. :lol: I actually wear a size 12 jeans, but in breeches I need a 36 for some reason.

I just might have to snag a pair of those breeches, even though I need winter ones...I love that blue color!

kitten_Val 01-22-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QHDragon (Post 899655)
Aww, thanks. Lots of people seem surprised when I reveal my true pant size. :lol: I actually wear a size 12 jeans, but in breeches I need a 36 for some reason.

Now I'm really surprised. I just can't believe you need 36. I have same size jeans and I go with 32L for the breeches (and no, they are not nearly being tight anywhere). Are you positive you measured correctly??

QHDragon 01-22-2011 09:09 PM

Maybe its the brand I am buying? I tried a 34 and it was far too snug...or maybe I am being far too modest? :p

kitten_Val 01-22-2011 09:17 PM

Well... As funny as it sounds some brands feel more snag than others. I hate snag pants (not because I'm easily embarrassed :wink: , but too tight cloth cause skin irritation unfortunately). And that's the reason I got this brand - it doesn't feel very tight and just nice on skin (95% cotton I think). But I still have a feeling 36 will be too big for you (although I may be wrong). I wish you'd live close so you could just try mine to see if they fit. :-)

tinyliny 01-22-2011 09:31 PM

Dragon,
Breeches often feel overly snug when you first get them. Are these knee patch or full seat that you are finding too snug at 34?

I have found that Boink breeches are very stretchy so can fit even my Alaska sized bum. I prefer full seat breeches, and Boinks are not very heavy duty, so I would recommend full seat if you go that way.

A small US company called "Smoothstride" makes the very best riding pants I have ever worn. They aren't breeches in the English sense. They are boot cut and look like pants , basically, but have a fake suede full seat and stretch so nicely that the are great for larger women. I wear a size 16 to 18 and smoothstride trail rider pants fit me perfectly.

Rachel1786 01-23-2011 12:30 AM

These are the only ones i found that are winter, but they are sized s-xl, i'm not sure what a 36 would be Here is the link