The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   How much do you think he is worth? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/how-much-do-you-think-he-76549/)

xoSonnyLove1234 01-22-2011 10:03 PM

How much do you think he is worth?

So, how much do you think Sonny is worth? I plan on selling him within the next year or two. He is a 14.2 hand sorrel Quarab. He has been shown in local shows for two years and places in the top 3 everytime. Very nice and easy show horse, never gets jumpy or hard to handle in new places. He is shown in the junior division which is w/t/c and has either 13 or 20 horses in each class and easily places. He is also shown in hunter hack and baby greens (placed 2nd his first time entering out of 9 horses). And is moving up to 2'0 and 2'6 courses this year. Not only does he do english he also does western. And places in the top 4 every time. Has a great jog and a nice, easy lope.
Sonny has jumped up to 2'10 easily and will top out at around 3'6. Very easy jumper and has naturally great timing. Been taken around a 2'6-2'9 course easily. Has shown Training Level Test one and gotten a 53% his first time doing it. He also goes into frame easily(: He is a barn favorite.
He's really a fantastic horse with an amazing personality. He would be great for a Beginner or intermediate rider. He is a horse who will give his all for his rider. Doesnt rear, kick, bite. Doesnt like clippers. Likes to be ridden 2 to 6 days a week. He is also a great lesson horse, takes care of his rider.
The cantering video is from 5 months ago.
Juliyana Straley's Photos | Facebook
Content Not Found | Facebook
Sadly, this is the most recent english flat work picture i have, middle of summer. Head is slightly lower, more tucked in now because he is working with his hind end more.
If you want more photos just ask(: Thank you!

lilruffian 01-22-2011 11:00 PM

Well around here, i wouldn't ask anything under $3000 for him. By the sounds of it he's a good horse.

xoSonnyLove1234 01-23-2011 07:37 AM

Thanks for your response! I have just been wondering a lot lately.
Bump(:

ErikaLynn 01-23-2011 08:55 AM

I can't see the pictures, but judging from the video and you description, around my area, you would probably get the most about 2,000 for him.

Good luck selling him, the horse market sucks right now. I don't want to be mean, but your horse is just average and there are horses just like him every where. You might have a hard time selling him for what he is worth.
Posted via Mobile Device

too hot to handle 01-23-2011 09:17 AM

personally for a 14.2 that is jumping that height i wud give 1000 but thats me and honestly i wud give 600 but i dont pay alot for them. i just bought a 14hh that jumps 5ft easy. but as a easy pony club pony you mite get 2000 and if u find the odd nutter who pay stupid money and there is people out there 3500 :) GOOD LUCK hope you make money on her ;) x

xoSonnyLove1234 01-23-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikaLynn (Post 900134)
I can't see the pictures, but judging from the video and you description, around my area, you would probably get the most about 2,000 for him.

Good luck selling him, the horse market sucks right now. I don't want to be mean, but your horse is just average and there are horses just like him every where. You might have a hard time selling him for what he is worth.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, it does suck. I was thinking 2,000 to 2,500 negotiable. Just my average superstart pony(; jk. But thanks! Everything gives me a better idea..

victorialicious7 01-23-2011 12:21 PM

I would say anywhere from 1,000-2,000 most likely. I agree, its a very good average horse to have for someone thats not looking for something super special. Good luck selling him!

xoSonnyLove1234 01-23-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorialicious7 (Post 900330)
I would say anywhere from 1,000-2,000 most likely. I agree, its a very good average horse to have for someone thats not looking for something super special. Good luck selling him!

Around what i was thinking.And thanks! :D

victorialicious7 01-23-2011 02:32 PM

No problem :) Just curious.. his trot seems kind of funky.. he doesn't gate or anything? And how smooth is he when you trot him?

xoSonnyLove1234 01-23-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorialicious7 (Post 900544)
No problem :) Just curious.. his trot seems kind of funky.. he doesn't gate or anything? And how smooth is he when you trot him?

Nope doesnt gait! He has a VERY smooth trot/sitting trot. I love it(: His trot may seem funky because he paddles with his front legs a little bit.