The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Miniature Horse website's wanted (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/miniature-horse-websites-wanted-76602/)

silvergrace 01-23-2011 12:36 PM

Miniature Horse website's wanted

Hi
I have been looking all over the Internet for info on the Miniature Horse/shetlands and I do see to find anythink on them can anyone help you by post any website for Miniature Horses or shetland

I am looking for info abour breeding show and for to care for them

aandbminis 01-23-2011 02:52 PM

little beginnings is a great place to start L'il Beginnings Miniature Horses International
AMHR Welcome to Shetland(which is one of the 2 major registries and has both mini and Shetland )
AMHA AMERICAN MINIATURE HORSE ASSOCIATION (34' and under minis)
hope that helps

aandbminis 01-23-2011 03:18 PM

lol ok I see you came on here before and I'm guessing now you want more info
USA Miniature horse
miniature horse information, miniature horse breeder, miniature horse care, miniature horse in AZ, miniature horse breeder in AZ, Buckeroo, Komokos, Little Blue Boy, Lucky Four, Bond miniature horse, aeronosa minis,* papillon, labrador retriever bree
The Miniature Horse.com: Miniature Horses, Information, Articles
Links to Helpful Info
hope that gets you started
oh and btw I would own one for a while and show it before I would start thinking of breeding. that way you know what the judges are looking for and if that is something you really want to do. A gelding is great to start with. but thats IMHO

silvergrace 01-23-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandbminis (Post 900603)
lol ok I see you came on here before and I'm guessing now you want more info
USA Miniature horse
miniature horse information, miniature horse breeder, miniature horse care, miniature horse in AZ, miniature horse breeder in AZ, Buckeroo, Komokos, Little Blue Boy, Lucky Four, Bond miniature horse, aeronosa minis,* papillon, labrador retriever bree
The Miniature Horse.com: Miniature Horses, Information, Articles
Links to Helpful Info
hope that gets you started
oh and btw I would own one for a while and show it before I would start thinking of breeding. that way you know what the judges are looking for and if that is something you really want to do. A gelding is great to start with. but thats IMHO

hay thanks
what do I look for when buy one ?

aandbminis 01-23-2011 05:55 PM

Conformation for sure here is a site that I like that has info on that and lots of other things Breeding Quality Miniature Horses
What wins now days in the halter classes is the Arabian type horse or in amhr the mini/Shetland cross...the more refined the better seems like. Thats just if you want a halter horse. A refined halter horse isn't always a good driving or performance horse so if you would rather drive or do performance than I wouldn't look for a halter type horse. I also am drawn to several bloodlines because of what they produce, But everyone has a personal preference when it comes to that.

this might help 2
http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/in...ic=120194&st=0

silvergrace 01-23-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandbminis (Post 900765)
Conformation for sure here is a site that I like that has info on that and lots of other things Breeding Quality Miniature Horses
What wins now days in the halter classes is the Arabian type horse or in amhr the mini/Shetland cross...the more refined the better seems like. Thats just if you want a halter horse. A refined halter horse isn't always a good driving or performance horse so if you would rather drive or do performance than I wouldn't look for a halter type horse. I also am drawn to several bloodlines because of what they produce, But everyone has a personal preference when it comes to that.

this might help 2
Conformation... - L'il Beginnings Miniature Horse Forums

do you know any ok breeder ?

aandbminis 01-23-2011 06:47 PM

kind of depends on where you are located and how much you want to spend and if you are looking for a halter or performance type horse but a lot of my mares come from here Ericastinytrotters Erica is great wins A LOT at nationals and I just LOVE her horses lol Also got my stallion from Crosscountryfarms she is a really well known mini and Shetland trainer. Also love Limestone Miniatures but then I have Nighthawks youngest brother so I'm a bit biased lol And got a horse from here http://www.littleamericaminis.com/and he has a lot for sure lol and been around forever....but all are good farms and there are many more just say you are looking for a show horse and they will help you out. All of these have great show horses but kind of depends of how much u wanna spend,,,you can for sure find deals if you look hard enough A good friend of mine bought a world top ten show gelding for $500 so for sure shop around....hope that helps
great place to start is here 2. http://www.lilbeginnings.com/saleboard/ads.php