The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   HI from Oregon! :) (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-oregon-76675/)

cascanastargazer 01-24-2011 01:57 AM

HI from Oregon! :)

Hi Everyone! My name is Jess and I've been on here about a week, thought it was about time to introduce myself! I'm a 20 year old student at UO and I'm a first time horse owner so I've been LIVING on this forum since I joined trying to soak up as much info as I can! I thought I knew so much about horses... seems like it turns out that as an owner, you can never know enough! I bought Lilly a couple of weeks ago.. she's a 13 year old registered QH and she's the biggest lovebug ever! :)

tinyliny 01-24-2011 02:05 AM

Welcome Cascan . . .. (too long to remember easily, sorry)
I get some great info on the forum. It is so addictive. Where in Oregon are you?

cascanastargazer 01-24-2011 02:12 AM

Haha I know, it's long. It's Lilly's registered name, Cascana's Stargazer aka Lilly (like the flower -- which happens to be my favorite!). I'm in Eugene, going to University of Oregon. I'm a junior Psych major ... thinking of starting an Equine Assisted Therapy program after grad school (big dreams?? haha). I've seen you around the forum, I love your artwork! I used to do a lot of my own as a tweenager but always went the cartoonish route ;)

Wallaby 01-24-2011 02:15 AM

Welcome! I'm also a 20 year old student from Oregon(Gresham)! Fancy that! :) However, I haven't been able to get things together so I can go to anything more than community college just yet. But, my current dream is to transfer to UofO next fall, who really knows though.

But anyway, nice to "meet" you! :D

cascanastargazer 01-24-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallaby (Post 901350)
Welcome! I'm also a 20 year old student from Oregon(Gresham)! Fancy that! :) However, I haven't been able to get things together so I can go to anything more than community college just yet. But, my current dream is to transfer to UofO next fall, who really knows though.

But anyway, nice to "meet" you! :D

Cool! If you stay on top of your GE's it shouldn't be too hard :) I'm from California originally so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there like some sort of transfer agreement you do in Oregon where you get a transfer associate degree?

cloudkisser 01-24-2011 02:39 AM

Hey Jess! Lilly is soo sweet..I love her accessories! Pretty in pink ;)

cascanastargazer 01-24-2011 02:48 AM

Aww, thank you! I know, I scored bigtime -- her old owner gave me ALL her tack. Everything pink and purple, even down to the grooming supplies! Kind of a crack up...

Wallaby 01-24-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cascanastargazer (Post 901354)
Cool! If you stay on top of your GE's it shouldn't be too hard :) I'm from California originally so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there like some sort of transfer agreement you do in Oregon where you get a transfer associate degree?

I think there is, but I'm basically really behind with my whole transfer degree thing because I really stink at math so I had to start all the way at the bottom of the math levels, so to get a transfer degree I'd have to take at least 3 more terms of just math, which is yucky! :lol:
But yeah, I'll get there eventually!

Also, Lilly is SUPER cute. I used to know a Shetland named Lily and she was the absolute sweetest thing. It's a good name. :)

Gidget 01-25-2011 04:47 PM

I'm from oregon too!
Origionally from Illinois

cascanastargazer 01-25-2011 04:50 PM

Ooh! Where???