The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Looking for feedback on Sombrero Ranch Continental Divide ride (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/looking-feedback-sombrero-ranch-continental-divide-76722/)

Nokota 01-24-2011 05:33 PM

Looking for feedback on Sombrero Ranch Continental Divide ride

Debating on going to Colorado to the Sombrero Ranch and doing the Continental Divide ride. It is a ten hour ride that covers 26 miles. I have googled reviews but not much is said about that ride but that is because they have a LOT of different packages and a lot of the reviews are from non horse people. I am wondering if anyone here has done it or knows anyone that has or has any knowledge of it. I would like to hear a review from those that are horsepeople that is why I am posting it on this site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reiterin 02-02-2011 07:46 PM

Haven't been, but it sounds nice. Is it overnight or do you do the whole thing straight through? either way sounds like a long ride!

Nokota 02-02-2011 08:19 PM

the ride starts at 6:00 am and gets done at 4:00pm. 24 miles. it is not an overnite. Looks like a great way to see some fantastic country.

bbsmfg3 02-05-2011 04:54 PM

I'm surprised they say they can make 26 miles in a day, period. We've ridden with these folks. Be prepared for a ride where the grass will grow under your horse's feet between steps. They ride slower than any thing I've ever seen. We rode their half day ride in about 20 minutes, then, one of the wrangler's took us on the same ride, and it took 4 hours.

Now all that said, they are very nice folks and will go out of their way to make you welcome.

Rather than ride the ride with the group, you may want to simply take your truck and trailer to the trailhead they leave from, and ride it on your own, with your horses.