The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Getting a new horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/getting-new-horse-768/)

BeautifulBay 02-19-2007 08:57 PM

Getting a new horse!

Well, I'm getting my second horse on Thursday morning! :D He is an older quarter horse-paso fino mix. He's 20 years old, but full of life and spunk. He is AWESOME to ride, a real great trotter. He used to be a roping horse in his younger days, so he is very well broke, respectful and has incredible ground manners! He is solid white, pink nose, dark eyes and stands 15'1 hands. His name is "Bubba", but I'll be changing that. My husband wants to call him Gandalf lol... simply because he is old, wise, but still kicks butt! It is very suiting for him. :lol:

barnrat 02-19-2007 08:59 PM

oh funness

kristy 02-19-2007 10:32 PM

good for you! older horses have a special place in my heart.

Friesian Mirror 02-20-2007 12:46 AM

I vote on the name Gandalf!! :D

BeautifulBay 02-20-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

I vote on the name Gandalf!!
LOL....I was thinking of calling him Tucker. We were talking about it with the kids last night and Christopher (my son) said let's call him Shadowfax because he's white. (The white horse in the lord of the rings)....I had laughed and said he doesn't look like shadowfax, he's old and looks more like Gandalf! Greg rasied his eyeborws and said "That's perfect!!" lol... It DOES fit, just never thought of it seriously. :lol: That's probably what we'll call him now...Old guy with lots of spunk and attitude, and white too! Gandalf the white!

Friesian Mirror 02-21-2007 02:06 AM

Alright! :D I think Gandalf is a perfect name!

TudorRose 02-21-2007 12:09 PM

There's an old wives tale that its bad luck to change a horses name. But I think in the instance of Bubba you're safe. I had a cute pony when I was a kid who was called Ivor of all things. We changed it to Timmie Tiptoes from Beatrix Potter, Timmie for short. He had a long and happy life.

barnrat 02-21-2007 07:07 PM

OH MY HECK! I think my friend use to ride a pony name timmie tiptoes...it just sounds right, I will have to ask her for that name again...