The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse communicator - believe in them - I do now! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-communicator-believe-them-i-do-76889/)

netty83 01-26-2011 12:36 PM

Horse communicator - believe in them - I do now!

Well I sent a picture off to a lady who lives approximately 500 miles away from me. It claimed on her website that she could do a reading by email and all she needed was a photo and the horses age (approx 16 i think)and how long I'd had her for (coming up a year) I am pretty skeptical of these kind of things but went ahead anyway. So off my email went with picture attached of Bess. This is what she had to say......

She said she seemed a little older than 16. It has taken her along time to feel settled but she now feels very comfotable with me and she knows i'm very caring of her (true)

She mentioned about her possibly being in foal or being put in foal in the past (she has had a few foals in the past and also is in foal now)

she has had a few owners who were more bothered about how good she could be rather than focusing on her (true)

She seems to have been to shows and enjoys them and all the excitement of them (she has won numerous driving competitions)

She doesn't like to be moved from her home or her other companions as she lost her friend (we tried to move her to a livery yard from our farm a few months after we got her so I could use the indoor arena and she hated it she changed into a different horse becoming quite aggressive and when we moved her back she went back to the same loving horse that she is)

She said that I have a dark blue coat that I wear everytime i go to the horses and Bess watches for me wearing it. (correct) also a lady in a dark green coat gives her treats (the farm owner)

In the past she has been difficult to catch because she doesn't like people striding over to her so she runs off and turns it into a game but she doesn't do that with me as she says i treat her with respect which she likes and so she thinks we have built up a good relationship (horses words apparently)

The woman asked if she had got her leg caught in a fence or gate with me as that's what Bess was showing her (yes she did, when she was at the livery yard she kicked the gate off it's hinges and cut her leg)

She has some tenderness in her withers due to a rug being a tiny bit tight ( i thought the rug i just bought was a smidge tight)

She gets nervous when you are trying to pick her feet up. she doesn't feel in control. (correct)

so guys what's your thoughts? I was pretty impressed!

ShutUpJoe 01-26-2011 12:40 PM

Can you post the pic you sent?

netty83 01-26-2011 12:43 PM

Sorry not posted pics before. If you can tell me how to then I'll post them :oops:

sarahver 01-26-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netty83 (Post 904543)
Well I sent a picture off to a lady who lives approximately 500 miles away from me. It claimed on her website that she could do a reading by email and all she needed was a photo and the horses age (approx 16 i think)and how long I'd had her for (coming up a year) I am pretty skeptical of these kind of things but went ahead anyway. So off my email went with picture attached of Bess. This is what she had to say......

She said she seemed a little older than 16. It has taken her along time to feel settled but she now feels very comfotable with me and she knows i'm very caring of her (true)

Could be true of any horse, they all take a while to settle in a new place. Saying that she knows that you are very caring of her is a little sycophantic but a good tactic.

She mentioned about her possibly being in foal or being put in foal in the past (she has had a few foals in the past and also is in foal now)

As with psychics - they cover all their bases. Any mare may have had a foal in the past or is being considered as a broodmare for the future. Broad statements generally hit a mark somewhere!

she has had a few owners who were more bothered about how good she could be rather than focusing on her (true)

Another broad statement. For a horse that is 16 it is more than likely that she has had a few owners that have focused on her ability for a given dicipline.

She seems to have been to shows and enjoys them and all the excitement of them (she has won numerous driving competitions)

Probably relatively easy to tell from a photo if the horse may have previously been used competitively. Interesting that she said 'shows' which could mean anything. Could have been a dressage horse, a reining horse, a jumping horse.... The list is endless!

She doesn't like to be moved from her home or her other companions as she lost her friend (we tried to move her to a livery yard from our farm a few months after we got her so I could use the indoor arena and she hated it she changed into a different horse becoming quite aggressive and when we moved her back she went back to the same loving horse that she is)

No horse likes to be moved from their home or other companions!

She said that I have a dark blue coat that I wear everytime i go to the horses and Bess watches for me wearing it. (correct) also a lady in a dark green coat gives her treats (the farm owner)

This is the only thing that interested me. Law of averages though, I would have been more impressed if you regularly wear a hot pink coat with purple polka dots and she managed to ascertain that.

In the past she has been difficult to catch because she doesn't like people striding over to her so she runs off and turns it into a game but she doesn't do that with me as she says i treat her with respect which she likes and so she thinks we have built up a good relationship (horses words apparently)

Not many horses would like people striding up to them! Glad she is easier for you to catch though. Again, a little sycophantic.

The woman asked if she had got her leg caught in a fence or gate with me as that's what Bess was showing her (yes she did, when she was at the livery yard she kicked the gate off it's hinges and cut her leg)

Law of averages, she says got her leg caught in a fence or gate, you remember her kicking a gate and draw a comparison.

She has some tenderness in her withers due to a rug being a tiny bit tight ( i thought the rug i just bought was a smidge tight)

It's winter, good chance she is wearing a rug!

She gets nervous when you are trying to pick her feet up. she doesn't feel in control. (correct)

No horse is in control when they are on three legs. The extent of their nervousness varies from horse to horse.

so guys what's your thoughts? I was pretty impressed!

He he, sorry but those are my thoughts! I wonder with animal communicators, they seem to convey such people-centric messages. I think it is more for the benefit of the person knowing that their horse loves them than anything else.

If my horse could speak, and I would hope that her native tongue is English as it would be frustrating if she spoke French, I think she would say "go away I am busy eating hay."

Alwaysbehind 01-26-2011 01:07 PM

Sarah beat me to it.

I too would like to see the photo (s) you sent and know what information you gave them up front.

Posting photos is not that hard. Put them on a free photo hosting site like photobucket.

At the top of this posting window you can see two rows of icons, the bottom row there is one that looks like a mountain scene with a postage stamp in the upper right corner (5th in from the right side).

Pick that and paste the location of the image you copied from Photobucket in the appropriate spot that pops up.

netty83 01-26-2011 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 904586)
He he, sorry but those are my thoughts! I wonder with animal communicators, they seem to convey such people-centric messages. I think it is more for the benefit of the person knowing that their horse loves them than anything else.

If my horse could speak, and I would hope that her native tongue is English as it would be frustrating if she spoke French, I think she would say "go away I am busy eating hay."

About the dark green coat (the farmer wife) she said that this person gives her treats and the farmers wife does. I agree in principle with what you say and I am a skeptical person. About the shows she has been to alot of driving shows in her time. Yes with her being old there are chances that she has been to some shows in her life but from that picture you couldn't have known really as she is an out of shape dales mare who hasn't had much done with her for the past two years. Oh I don't know whether I believe it or not. It's just nice to hear someone say that my mare is happy :lol:

netty83 01-26-2011 01:12 PM

The only information I gave was that she was 16 (approx) and that I had had her since may last year. I didn't give any background info or ask any questions. I'll post photo's as soon as I can and see what you guys think she may have picked up from the photo. Photobucket - not heard of that so will check that out and see what i can do. thanks.

sarahver 01-26-2011 01:13 PM

I am glad that your mare is happy too. Although I am sure that you knew that yourself anyway!

Sorry for being a skeptic, it is such a lovely idea and it is not harmful in any way (unless you take major vetinary or training advice).

ptvintage 01-26-2011 01:15 PM

Horses see color like this

http://jov.journalofvision.org/1/2/2/Fig03.jpg

I assume the horse doesn't think in human speech, so if she's really seeing visions of what the horse sees or thinks, all her thoughts would be in those colors. Notice how "dark blue" and "dark green" don't look the same to both horses and humans.

Walkamile 01-26-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahver (Post 904586)

LOL! I think T would tell me to lose some weight as she is tired of hauling my fat arse around!

Netty, I so want to believe in animal communicators , but there is a part of my brain that is very skeptical. I would have to experience it myself to decide one way or another, and believe me, even then it would be difficult for me to believe.

Like the others, I first thought about the picture you sent and what the AC may have surmised from it.