The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello my horse lovers =] (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-my-horse-lovers-%3D%5D-76962/)

HorseTrance 01-26-2011 11:23 PM

Hello my horse lovers =]

Hi! My name is Faith and I'm 18 years old. I'm new to this site, but I hope to get to know a lot of you soon! I have always loved horses for as long as I can remember.

I live in West Virginia with my mom, and I go to my dads in Dayton, Ohio in the summer usually. If you live in the area send me a message =] of course, even if you dont live near me, still send me a message, I love having pen pals that I can talk to about horses and learn more things.

Though I dont own a horse, I've always wanted one. I seem to love really tall and big horses the best. Like drafts horses. I don't know why. I guess its because, if I have a connection with that horse, it makes me feel more protected, safe and in charge lol. My dream horses are Friesians, Gypsy's, and Clydesdales.

Though I expect for my first horse I should not have such a giant horse huh? lol I do not know when I will get my first horse, but I try to take horse lessons as often as I can. It gets expensive, so I like to try to ride with friends. However, after high school, most of my friends have moved away to college, so therefore I dont really have any horse friends anymore. I figured I should join a horse forum, to make up for some of the lost time and at the same time, be still learning more about horses.

Horses are my escape to everyday stressful life. They are what make me feel free and happy. They keep me steady and give me compassion beyond words. I couldn't ask for anything better than that. I only wish to keep that going, and maybe somehow repay them for helping my fun personality truly show.

HorseChic 01-27-2011 03:03 AM

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here! :D

SunshineofmyLife 01-27-2011 08:27 AM

Horse crazy

I am so glad I found this forum. My husband and friends really don't share my love of horses, and are bored whenever I bring the subject up, so I really appreciate this opportunity.
I didn't own a horse until my daughter was 12, and now that she's in college he belongs to me. I take lessons in dressage and have the best trainer in the world. I've been blessed to meet and learn from some of the best horse people in my area, and have been through enough of the bad to know the difference.
Had I started riding at a younger age, I'd surely be into barrels!

HorseTrance 01-27-2011 08:34 PM

I think I will be interested in barrels! I have only trotted through them before, but I know for sure that when i get really fast at it, I'm going to LOVE it! lol

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes! =]

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 01-27-2011 09:55 PM

Hello and Welcome!

Yes, I have to agree with
SunshineofmyLife, it is really nice having people to talk horse with!
It is a subject that never bores, or gets old around here.
:lol:

See you around the Forum.....