The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Confirmation Critique on my horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/confirmation-critique-my-horse-77261/)

Alcatrazjmpr 01-30-2011 11:37 AM

Confirmation Critique on my horse

8 Attachment(s)
I don't know to much and would like to know if he's put together well and where and where not :D.

xXEventerXx 01-30-2011 11:41 AM

Looks very nice to me she kinda has the same body shape as my bay TB, she hasnt really got a deep girth and she has a long back..i cant really see anything else, very pretty girl though

ErikaLynn 01-30-2011 12:03 PM

I don't really know too much about confirmation, but he looks a little thin to me.

888vegas888 01-30-2011 12:11 PM

im not too sure, but he looks like he has a little "ouch" in the knees...
aside from that, he looks great! :D

lilruffian 01-30-2011 05:58 PM

He is long in the back & his neck is set low. As for his front legs, he does appear to be a little over. He's also very narrow in his girth & could do with some more muscling.
His head & back end actually aren't very bad, though as said before he could use some more muscle toning.

Alcatrazjmpr 01-30-2011 07:16 PM

He lost a ton of weight and muscle over the summer from a foot issue, so between the stress of that and not being worked for almost four months he lost just about everything. What does it mean for a horse to be narrow in the girth? How does it effect the horse and riding?

myhorsesonador 01-30-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcatrazjmpr (Post 910313)
He lost a ton of weight and muscle over the summer from a foot issue, so between the stress of that and not being worked for almost four months he lost just about everything. What does it mean for a horse to be narrow in the girth? How does it effect the horse and riding?

That means that there isnt a lot of room for the heart and lungs. He probably wount have very good endurance.

Elana 01-31-2011 02:08 PM

He is very straight behind and has a long back. Croup is a bit steep. His hocks are high and a bit round. He is a bit over at the knee (better over at the knee than back at the knee IMO.. it usually is not a soundness issue at this level of over). Shoulder is a bit steep.

You note he has lost weight. More weight would help his appearance a LOT. He has 'poor lines' around his tail.. so needs groceries. Sorry he had the foot issue.

I do like his color and his overall look. IOW's he is consistant in apperance.

Alcatrazjmpr 01-31-2011 02:27 PM

He has been gaining weight slowly, he has unlimited hay and gets a lot of grain, he's just your typical hard to put weight on tb unfortunately. How does a steep shoulder and croup effect the horses way of going? Sorry for all the questions, but I don't know much about conformation and would like to learn

Elana 01-31-2011 03:00 PM

I think this horse probably jumps a bit flat. I also think he is hard to collect due to the croup and the low set neck.

Better shoulder angles usually allow the horse to fold better over fences and allows for a better reach on extensions.