The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What Food does your horse like?!?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-food-does-your-horse-like-77303/)

aliloveshorses09 01-30-2011 10:45 PM

What Food does your horse like?!?!

Hi,
I was wondering If you guys gave your horse like some human food?.
I give my horse sunflower seeds sometimes :). He loves them!!. Tell me what foods you give your horse!!!!!!!!!!!.Also I give my horse peppermints sometimes if he is really good!.Lol Tell me some that you give your horse and maby I will see if my horse likes it 2!!.:-)

aliloveshorses09 01-30-2011 11:30 PM

Anyone?!?! Lol.

cakemom 01-31-2011 01:10 AM

Flicka likes vanilla wafers, Red cheetos.
Posted via Mobile Device

Caitlinpalomino 01-31-2011 01:44 AM

RED loves bread, potato and carrots (thats human food :) hehehe)

Poseidon 01-31-2011 03:35 AM

One of the camp horses loves pepperoni. I think he liked Starbursts too.

A friend of mine's horse ate a hot ham and cheese sandwich in a couple bites. Pretty sure he liked it.

Caitlinpalomino 01-31-2011 03:41 AM

hahaha^^^^ wish i was there to see that!!!

franknbeans 01-31-2011 09:25 AM

Sugared jelly donuts.....;-)

MIEventer 01-31-2011 09:42 AM

It's funny, Nelson likes NADDA where Human Food is involved. I've tried, I tried to give him yogurt when he was on stall rest, for his stressy tummy, and he hated it. I tried to give him a banana, and he wouldn't touch it, and the list goes on. Except for Apples and Carrots :P lol

BUT, my friends horse, who's stall is 2 spaces down - LOVES Human Food. He will eat Banana's, Bread, Peeps...yes...Peeps! LOL. Last Easter I made little Easter Bags for my friends "From Nelson" and in that bag was a package of Peep's for each......she made the mistake of leaving her Easter Bag hanging on the hook right next to her horses stall, where he was able to reach out with his head, and get the package of Peeps. The bugger ate them all! OMG!

masatisan 01-31-2011 01:16 PM

I give caleb a whole, not peeled tangerine or clemintine and he will take the entire thing in his mouth, bite it, suck all the juice and spit the rest out. Its quite amusing to watch. He also loves to play with licorice and makes all sorts of funny faces. He doesnt like mint at all though, he wont even try it.

MN Tigerstripes 01-31-2011 01:22 PM

None of mine really like human food beyond carrots/apples. When I got Lily she had no idea what either of those were. Now she loves them.

Weirdest thing? Soda likes blood. When Flame got hurt he'd lick her wounds. Odd enough but I thought it was just some weird caretaker type thing. Then I was cleaning geese down by the barn one day and Soda came over and started licking the wing that was bloody. Then he started nibbling on the wing feathers..... Weird horse.