The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   amazing footage of flash flooding in Australia. A must see! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/amazing-footage-flash-flooding-australia-must-77314/)

tinyliny 01-31-2011 12:24 AM

amazing footage of flash flooding in Australia. A must see!

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=kYUpkPTcqPY

This is amazing to watch. Really brings home the power of a flash flood.

Wild Heart 01-31-2011 03:06 AM

Wow, really shows how a flash flood can become so powerful in just a matter of minutes.
Amazing at how easily those cars were being pushed around.

cascanastargazer 01-31-2011 03:57 AM

Wow!!! That's insane!!!! I can't believe the way all those cars ended up... what if there had been people inside =/

AlexS 01-31-2011 04:30 AM

I can't believe the guy who risked his life to save the white SUV early on in the footage.

JackofDiamonds 01-31-2011 04:41 AM

It must have been one of the scariest things ive been in, apart from black saturaday. I was on the Gold coast whilst brisbane was flooding it was scary as all hell not knowing if the GC would get it.. The equestrian facilities and the dorms went under at my school as thats halfway between Brisbane and the goldcoast.. I'm lucky nothing was damadged but god it scared the living daylight out of me..

PintoTess 02-01-2011 04:52 AM

It is very sad to think of all the people that has n=lost their lives and all the ones that have lost their homes. I can't even think about what I would do if that happened here. The poor, poor flood victimsl.

tinyliny 02-01-2011 11:37 PM

bump. Watch this video. we are high and dry, no snow and sun shining here in Seattle. Doesn't get any better than that. (not trying to brag, just appreciateing it, until the rain and gray comes back and makes me go GAAAAAA)

sarahver 02-01-2011 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So awful what has happened, after so many years of drought and now this, thought I would attach a piccie of my best mates street outside her house in Melbourne (not her actual house in the pic) as it looked a few weeks ago:

Attachment 54481

Her and her husband saved all they had to build their house and immaculately landscape the garden. Luckily there was minimal damage to the house, the garden however was washed away :wink:

HorseChic 02-02-2011 12:17 AM

I was lucky i didnt get caught into the whole flooding thing! And whats even worse, there is that cyclone Yasi coming for them now... :(

Kayty 02-02-2011 08:45 AM

This still bring tears to my eyes. That flooding was horrendous, and the Equestrian Federation of Australia put together a video and kept us up to date with the situation in the equine industry, you would not believe how many horses were killed and seriously injured. Many were left to swim for up to 36 hours straight, standing on the verandas and roofs of 2 story horses. The injuries are horrific, severe lacerations, and extreme exhaustion/dehydration.

The poor people that were hit by that wall of water, they could do nothing by hold on and pray. Just awful.
And now Yasi is going to hit any minute. A category 5 cyclone that is reported to be even bigger than Hurricane Katrina, when compared in size, this cyclone would cover almost the entire European continent. Just the eye of it covers the Australian state of Tasmania. This is downright terrifying. Australia is copping it big time with mother nature at the moment, from devastating bush fires, to crippling drought, to the biggest floods on record, and now to the biggest cyclone on record. When will it end?