The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Spring is slowly coming :D!! very slowly ;) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/spring-slowly-coming-d-very-slowly-77656/)

Frankiee 02-03-2011 08:50 PM

Spring is slowly coming :D!! very slowly ;)

Hi so as you all know spring is coming :) and the riders who have been off all winter can start training again that be me ;P lol

So I was wondering if anyone know's any good fitness workout someyone can do at home to improve there riding. I've been doing some workout exercises but I'm curious to know what other do ???

Ahha I think im getting ahead of myself a little but Im just so exited :)

thanks

Puddintat 02-03-2011 08:56 PM

There's an exercise book that is geared towards horsey people. I would say anything that makes your core stronger and helps with flexibility such as pilates and/or yoga will help. I've been working on my lower body strength and its helped me a lot when I have to mount from the ground.

beauforever23 02-03-2011 09:04 PM

what i do when I am home and sitting on the couch is stretch my heels like im in a saddle. pretend you are riding and just focus on keeping your heels down.

I do it all the time because when I don't ride for a period of time, than I go and ride again my heels suck and since i started doing that, it's really helped me.

I also like to do pilates... :)

equiniphile 02-03-2011 09:19 PM

Argh, mud season!! Snow is muccchh better than mud ;-)

Sit-ups for core, stretching your ankles on stairs, even jogging. Anything fitness related will improve your stamina and muscles for riding.

Frankiee 02-03-2011 09:41 PM

ya but think about after the mud ;P lol and thanks guys :)
anymore?

beauforever23 02-04-2011 02:40 AM

id ratherr have the mud than the snow.... we are getting another 14' and I am not thrilled...
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankiee 02-06-2011 03:32 PM

omg really :0 in febuary wow that sucks !