The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun Bit Thread :)

Tags
bit
6K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  RansomTB 
#1 ·
Just for fun, wanted to see how many people use the same bits as I do. Not wanting to bash anybody on choices of bits, just curious, kind of fun :) anywho heres mine :)

D Ring Snaffle Bit (not exact one, Shorter shank)

3" O Ring Snaffle Bit

(wow! way bigger than i thought! short shank port bit)
Also figured I would include these 2 since some people dont even use bits :)

Mec. Hackamore

(NOT my horse just using the picuter of the Bosal)

So what bits you ride in? and how different are they from others? Have some fun and find out tehe :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I ride my mare in a plain eggbutt snaffle...

And also a 3/4" bosal. I don't have pics, but it is the rawhide with kangaroo noseband...

This is the bit I've been saving up for;

#4 ·
Right now, just a regular ol' eggbut snaffle with a copper mouthpiece :D My youngster, Red, carries it really well. Looks very sharp in it.

Getting ready to hunt down...
Mullen mouth short-shanked for my Foxtrotter. He just doesn't respond as well in the snaffle, he likes a fuller/heavier bit to carry, apparently.
Nice full-cheek and maybe a D-ring. Haven't decided on the mouthpiece yet.

Nothing fancy for me, just what the horses like ;) I tried a hackamore on Loki and he had an absolute fit about it. Put it on my ol' rescue Sam and he was in love.

#10 ·
This is what Abby got recently. She rides much better in a rope halter than bits, so I got her a sidepull attachment because I like my headstall too much and her nasty brown rope halter (got it when I bought her because the lady used it on her as a bridle and didn't need it anymore) slides all over.

It attaches like this with a curb strap.

This is what hers looks like.

Attachments

#14 ·
3 inches? That's pretty small. Is it even possible?

I ride Jesse in a 6" Double jointed loose ring snaffle with a peanut.
Miss Kitty has the same thing but 5".

I used to ride my last horse, Hermes, in a plain English Hackamore.

My first horse had a bit that was nearly impossible to find. It was a double jointed eggbut snaffle with a copper peanut.

#27 ·
I start all my horses in a simple loose ring snaffle but after they have advanced far enough in their training, then I up them to one of these 3 bits. Though they look very similar, there are just minute little differences that give each a different feel.

I have also just ordered one of these so we'll see how much I like the feel of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.