The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   Horse Cruelty - Part Survey - Part Debate (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/horse-cruelty-part-survey-part-debate-77698/)

EquineLover 02-04-2011 03:41 PM

Horse Cruelty - Part Survey - Part Debate

Millions of cases based on cruelty to horses are reported every year. Here, we see both sides of the story.

Those in opposition to horse cruelty state: "Horses are beautiful animals. Treat them as you would yourself." We see horrendous cases on the news, in the papers, in magazines. Its quite apparent horses are being ill-treated, so why isn't anything being done about it? Whether it's a case of being worked to death, starved, whipped or beaten, it's all abuse.

However, many see the other side. "Money is tight these days, horses are expensive, those who love them keep them, maybe not intentionally hurting them. Remember, don't look at a cut or bleeding horse and decide they are being abused. Accidents happen. Don't be to quick to judge." Others alledge: "We bought them, don't tell me how to treat them.

So what's your opinion. Please, take this survey and voice your view on it.

1) You have seen horse cruelty/ abuse.

Yes this was the case: .................................................. .................................................. .......................................
No.

2) Would you report it if you did see it?

Yes
No

3) You would use a potentially harmful bit if it meant you could get better results from your horse in a show.

4) What is your view on cruelty?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

Thank you.

wyominggrandma 02-04-2011 06:20 PM

I find it interesting you just start up new threads time after time in different catagories to try to start stuff, don't you? Nobody "bit" into your thread on abuse in that catagory, so now you are trying it on this catagory.
You post over and over about the same things, just word it differently.
Nobody answers your threads, why not give up.

equiniphile 02-04-2011 07:13 PM

WG, I noticed the same thing. These don't seem like threads you're truly curious to the answers to, but threads where there will always be two sides, and an argument will always be breached.

Buckcherry 02-04-2011 07:23 PM

Everyone has different opinons about what is cruelity/abuse. And obviously if they saw it I'm sure they would do something about it if they could
So just stop trying to start arguments.

wyominggrandma 02-04-2011 08:06 PM

Buckcherry, I hope that was meant for the OP on this thread and not me. I am not trying to start arguments, trying to get the OP to stop her cruelty/abuse threads every other day , since she loves to start arguments.

Buckcherry 02-04-2011 08:10 PM

Oh sorry not it was not ment for you. It was directed towards EquineLover

wyominggrandma 02-04-2011 09:05 PM

okay thanks... I thought so, but wanted to check. Notice the OP has checked out again? Couldn't stir up debates or arguments, so probably is trying to figure out another thread.:lol:

Ray MacDonald 02-04-2011 09:53 PM

1) You have seen horse cruelty/ abuse.
Nope.

2) Would you report it if you did see it?
If I was sure it was abuse, yes.

3) You would use a potentially harmful bit if it meant you could get better results from your horse in a show.
Any bit can be harmful. But to use a more severe bit.... If it was to make my horse listen to me and respect the bit and me. I wouldn't do it for a quick fix.

4) What is your view on cruelty?
Define cruelty. As stated, it depends on what people think it is. In my opinion of cruelty, it is just bad.

EquineLover 02-05-2011 02:59 AM

Look, I'm not trying to start arguments, I'm not. If I knew how or if I could I'd delete this thread. I checked out because I HAD to, ok? I am agaisnt horse cruelty and DO want to know the answers. If I suddenly can't start threads wanting to know answers without being accused of trying to start arguments, what's the point? I thought this was a forum to get answers.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Ray MacDonald 02-05-2011 10:03 AM

It's okay :)