The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Choosing hoof boots for round hooves (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/choosing-hoof-boots-round-hooves-77810/)

Twinklebelle 02-05-2011 10:22 PM

Choosing hoof boots for round hooves

I need hoof boots that are easy to put on, good for strenuous trail riding, and fit a hoof that is round or nearly round, 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer than wide. I am interested in Easy Boots "The Glove" and "The Renegade". I would be interested in information that would help me choose the best boot. Thank you.

AQHA13 02-05-2011 10:24 PM

This summer EasyCare co. will be coming out with a wide boot. :) If your really interested you could probably contact them for more info.

Twinklebelle 02-06-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AQHA13 (Post 918155)
This summer EasyCare co. will be coming out with a wide boot. :) If your really interested you could probably contact them for more info.

Thank you. I will contact them.

Twinklebelle 02-06-2011 06:37 PM

Thank you.....I will be contacting them.

kitten_Val 02-06-2011 06:39 PM

I think Glove won't fit you. They are designed for oval shape and have to be exact size to be used (however when they are a perfect fit they are really great from what I heard). You can still order "measure kit" ($8 or so) to try it on. Renegades is a better choice IMHO (or you can look into Edge/Epics which has a tie system, so will be kept in place even on round hoofs).

Twinklebelle 02-06-2011 06:58 PM

hoof boots for round hooves

Thank you for your input. I will send for the kit. I'm thinking Renegade might be best since they will shorten the boot if needed.

luvs2ride1979 02-06-2011 08:23 PM

My mare does okay with the Easyboot Edge boots, and her feet are almost the same width/length. Renegade boots can be trimmed by the manufacturer for wide/round hooves. I'm thinking of trying those if/when my Edge boots wear out ;-).

Twinklebelle 02-06-2011 08:41 PM

Thank you for your input. I am leaningtoward Renegade for the same reason. Do you know if there is added cost for trimming?

luvs2ride1979 02-06-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinklebelle (Post 919165)
Thank you for your input. I am leaningtoward Renegade for the same reason. Do you know if there is added cost for trimming?

From what I could tell, no, there is no added cost. And they are good about emailing/calling to help you decide. When my mare's feet were funky shaped with bad flares at the front, they let me know that there boots wouldn't work very well for her, which is why I went with the edge boots. They did fine, but they are a bit of a pain to put on...

JTImage 02-14-2011 06:30 PM

The Cavallo Simple boots fit great on rounder hooves. I have used them on my QH's for years after battling with other types of boots and I LOVE them! Of all the boots I have tried they are the easiest to use and the most comfortable for my horses. If you are looking for a boot that is easy to put on a designed for trail riding then the Simple boots are the way to go!