The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Where to buy a Western Trophy Buckle..!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/where-buy-western-trophy-buckle-77903/)

Belle 02-07-2011 12:35 AM

Where to buy a Western Trophy Buckle..!!

Hi,
I am form Australia and i am trying to source some Cheap Western Trophy Buckles from USA while the Dollar is good.
Can anyone help me with Websites ?
We are a small Western club with not a whole bunch of competitors . We are trying to Offer Buckles as prizes to bring in some more competitors to our Club
Thanks
Belle

nrhareiner 02-07-2011 01:14 AM

Depends. If you want a custom made one they are not cheap. The one I had made was $250 and that was their lower priced buckle. There are a few companies who can do it for about a $100 but the buckles are not very nice they are not hand made and they look like what they are. Cheap.

VelvetsAB 02-10-2011 03:23 PM

I think Montana Silver Smiths make some really nice buckles, but they are also not a cheap buckle.

mls 02-10-2011 03:27 PM

Custom Trophy Belt Buckles | BuckleBuilder

If you google Trophy Belt Buckles - there are many sites.

Belle 02-14-2011 02:10 AM

Thanks for your thoughts..I will have a look at those websites now...

smrobs 02-14-2011 02:14 AM

There is also this site, though I have no idea as to their price or quality.
Home Page

I like their saddles but I don't know what their buckles are like.

nrhareiner 02-14-2011 12:29 PM

SM thanks for that site. I am looking at getting a trophy buckle made as I gave the original to my trainer and want one for my self. Will have to check it out.

smrobs 02-14-2011 03:10 PM

If you get one, you'll have to let me know what the quality's like. I only have 1 belt buckle and would eventually like to get another made specially for me :D.

nrhareiner 02-14-2011 03:23 PM

I will do that. I have a call in but no response yet. Will have to see what the price is. I need to call a few other places as well and get some prices.

shesinthebarn 02-19-2011 04:05 PM

My husband makes buckles and ours start at $250 for a pretty basic style. We offer price reductions for large orders for clubs/associations who do bulk orders and it makes each buckle around $200(for a basic model with some personalization).

If that is out of the question you could give out say, engraved pendants, money clips etc. We do that for a club in our area and it keeps the cost down for them. Perhaps you could find someone willing to do something like that?